DVD Player & my DAC

I would like to purchase a DVD player so that I may be able to play 24/96 discs. Presently I own a MSB Link DAC III and would like to know if used with a DVD player would I be able to get true 24/96 audio using this set up? My hunch says no but I would like a confirmation on this hunch.
martice
You're absoulutely right George. However, I did find that the Sony 560D does pass true 24/96 audio but only if the DVD allows it. Thanks
Pioneer 333 will pass 24/96 audio via spdif. Great unit considering it's $200 price tag.
Just spoke to andy bartha about the upgrade he does to the pioneer dv-525 which makes it a much better stand alone cd player. He recommends still using it with the msb link dac III but that's where a problem comes in. If you use the 525 coaxial digital output to the link-dac, you're only left with analog out to the processor and that only yields dolby prologic, not digital. Anybody have experience with this? Is there a remedy besides bagging the dac and/or getting a dedicated (cheap) dvd for dolby digital?
I have Pioneer Elite 09.I find the music dvds such as Hell Frezes Over and the like, to sound best NOT going thru the processor.So,I reach around and change the dig. cable "to and from" location.
Hi there...I have a dvd player that has ability to play the 24/96 cds but only will sqirt the signal out in analog stereo outputs. This is okay with me but where are you finding the 24/96 recorded discs? I have not yet walked this path.