anyone heard sony s9000es

Ordered one last week, Just wondering if anybody has heard it yet?
no_money
The 9000es sounds, video looks great, but- On several cds I played the sound dropped out partially. On the "Beatles 1" cd on tracks 12 and 13 there were virtually no vocals. On the Stereophile test cd, where they test speaker hookup, the sound of the dog barking in the left channel was non-existant. The cds played perfect on my other cd player. Am I the only one with this problem? It's the same spot on each cd where the sound drops out, so it can't be my connections faultering. I would like to know if it's my unit or all of them.
Euphorbia24, I just got my s9000es a couple of days ago and I have not listened to a tremendous number of CDs, but I have had no problems at all. I do not have the CDs you mentioned so I cannot comment on those specific discs. All the ones I have played have sounded great. My standalone CD player is a Linn Ikemi that I run through a dCS 972 to upsample to 24/192 and then through a dCS Elgar DAC. The standard CDs on the s9000es do not compare to this setup, but I have been blown away by the SACDs I have listened to. The clarity and presence of the sound is unbelievable. I haven't been able to compare the same disc played through the Ikemi/972/Elgar vs. the SACD, but from what I've heard I would bet my system it's better with SACD. I used to use the Sony 7000 for DVD, and to me the S9000es has a better picture. So far I have no complaints - sound and picture are what I had hoped for.
I hope I didn't scare anyone away from the 9000. The problem turned out to be a faulty cable. Some of the music just wasn't passing through. Problem solved, everything sounds great. It has great detail and openness. The picture, going through component cables is great. I'm very happy with the 9000 now. Sorry again if I caused any concern.
Finally back from out of town, finally have the player. SACD sounds great and cd's are getting better with the break in. I only have about 30 hrs. on each section now. Video is as good as I can hope for on a 8 year old Sony Trinitron. Bmpnyc, glad to hear you are having succes with the Pioneer, almost had to try one out waiting for this one to come in but wanted to hold out for the SACD section. Who knows, maybe it will make.
No Money, Good luck with the 9000ES. Let me know what you think of the "standard CD " playback after break in. I have owned 3 different Sony CD players and they all had a similar approach to sound, ( a bit forward and hard) . If the audio was as good as the Pioneer in CD playback, I would buy the Sony, as I have heard that the video quality is as good as, or better than the Pioneer.