anyone heard sony s9000es

Ordered one last week, Just wondering if anybody has heard it yet?
no_money

Showing 6 responses by bmpnyc

Hi, No money, Yes I did get the Pioneer DV-37. In terms of the marketplace it was difficult deciding to buy it now instead of waiting to see what the DVP-9000ES looked like. I decided that I could wait and see if the SACD format really takes hold and when more titles become available I might upgrade to a multi-format player then. The Pioneer multi format player costs $5000 right now. When that is at a $1500, or less price point with a few choices of manufacturers I will get one then. As far as the DV-37 is concerned, I couln't be happier. The video is as good or better than any DVD player made, and the big surprise was the audio quality. Once in a while a company hits a home run with a particular model. In this case the audio holds its own next to every under $2000 cd player I have heard. Granted, I may not have heard them all, but I feel that I don't need to buy a CD player ever again.
No Money, Good luck with the 9000ES. Let me know what you think of the "standard CD " playback after break in. I have owned 3 different Sony CD players and they all had a similar approach to sound, ( a bit forward and hard) . If the audio was as good as the Pioneer in CD playback, I would buy the Sony, as I have heard that the video quality is as good as, or better than the Pioneer.
No Money, Thanks for the update. I have been very happy with the audio quality of my DV-37, but would certainly welcome the SACD option if CD playback was comparable. Now I will have to try and find a 9000ES and check it out. Let me know how you find the sound in another 50 hours or so. Have you been able to compare the SACD aspect to any other SACD player? Happy New Year!,Martin
Ymarttinjr, there is certainly one better DVD player, The Camelot Roundtable, but the 9000ES seems to be the best all around value, considering the SACD aspect.