Best speakers for 2A3 SET amplifier?

What is the best speaker for a 3.5 watt/channel amplifier?
kweifi
I sold my Cary 572s Series 1 (which I loved except for the short life of the power tubes) and bought Cary 2A3SEs. I have Proac Response 2.5s which I also love. However, I found that this sytem simply does not have the dynamic freedom, both high, mid, and low level, that I need to enjoy the jazz and classical music I primarily listen to. Also, the high frequencies are somewhat closed in and lack the right amount of air and extension neccessary. However! I bought a wonderful OTL 25 watt amp(Transcendent Sound, I don't even know the model name) and at $1,900.00 direct from the manufacturer, it is an amazing bargin. I do not use a preamp (I use a Creek Audio OBH12) and I discovered a slight peakiness in the highs. About a week ago, just for fun, I bi-amped my Proacs (Transcendent on the woofer and the Carys on the tweeter) and the sound is almost wonderful. Does anyone know how to, when bi-amping, increase the tweeter output by maybe 2dbs? Or maybe I should check out the Silverlines and keep my Carys. Anyway...
Please see my update under Sound Advice, "Sonata/Sonatina with 3-5 Watts???????" dated 11/11/2000.
Trelja.. I agree with your comments. A 2A3 amp is best suited for horns or 100+db sensitive speakers. You will get sound from them, but you will not get the magic these low powered amps have to offer. I had a Cary 2A3 on my Vonschweikert VR-6's at one time. I thought it sounded great. After some time I realized that it was not a good match. I then bi-amped and ran the Cary 2A3's on the mid/tweet module and the sound really opened up and came alive. I also heard the 2A3 on the silverlines. Not a good match at all. The Vonschweikerts, Silverlines and similar dynamic speakers need at least 20 - 30 watts to overcome the x-over and the dynamic drivers. I now have a Bel Canto SET 40 on my Vonschweikert VR-7's. The sound is wonderful. Good bass control, great dynamics and the fabulous SET mid-range. The flea power amps are best suited for 100+db horns or lowthers. The 845 , 211 based SET amps can offer a SET sound for those with speakers about 90+db. mike
Excellent string, folks. I have learned a lot from all of the above, so thought I would ask a question. I don't mean to change the subject, since this thread is very enlightening, so ignore this post if you want. However, I intend to purchase the Electronics Audio Supply SE1, which I understand works with 300B and 2A3 tubes, at about 7 watts. For other times/music I have your typical arc-welder solid state job. Question then is a speaker that will do justice to both, with the least (but necessary) compromises. Currently auditioning the Soliloquy 5.3 and Triangle Antal xs (can you tell my desired price range is just under US$2,000?). Anybody listened to both, and any comments on strategy for a neophyte?
money no object ? www.carfrae.com and avantgarde....they use lowthers. If you are on the the DIY kind. Look up lowthers on the web and you will be surprised with most companies using their drive unit and they support the DIY community too. An interesting site is bdesign