Aronov Amplifiers - Opinions?

Looking to purchase tubed amps for my SF Guarneri's. Was looking into BAT since I own a BAT premap, but looks like I might be able to strike a decent deal on Aronov amps witth a fellow Audiogon member. Any thoughts on match-up with BAT preamp or SFG speakers. POV on Aronov vs BAT VK60 (monoblocks). Many thanks
128x128alexc
I used the Aronovs with Inner Sound Eros and Von Schweikert VR6 speakers. They worked great with both. Speaker cable was Harmonic Tech Pro 9, which works with about anything. Also used Goertz Silver, which was good, but not as good as Harmonic Tech.
Hello Alexc, Sorry to hear there are no dealers around that carry the components you wish to audition. I'm partial to tube equipment and I suspect the Aronov amps will be a nice improvement over the Bryston in many ways. I'm surprised to hear someone find the midrange of the VK60s sound simular to the ARC. When I compared the ARCvt200 to the BATvk60s the midrange had the most pronounced difference. The ARC had a grainy sand like coloration compared to the BAT. The BAT was much more liquid, much richer and vibrant and had more texture and timbre of tone throughout most of the frequencies. In my system with the VK60s driving the Eidolons I would never describe the midrange as being thin sounding. I guess it goes to show us once again how important finding a synergistic combination of components and cables are. Good luck Alexc and report back to us on how the new amps sound in your system. All the best, Tom
I own a pair of Aronov LS 9100's which have been for sale at Audiogon with no takers,which only proves further that the equipment that gets reviewed gets sold. I don't know why Aronov's don't get any ink, perhaps the company does not scratch the right back or palm or whatever the case may be.Only a few years ago the amps were thought to be among the best. They have not changed. I listen to a lot of amps, many of which are very good. The Aronov's still hold their own with against more expensive amps. I offered the pair with only 20 hour use for $4,000. ($6,000. new) Two calls. I guess many hobbist have not heard or heard about this product.My absolute favorite amp is one that uses 845 tubes, they suit my type of music and my listening level. If I am not able to get them I will be very happy with the Aronovs. These self biasing 110 watt monos will drive VR4's, Maggies, Sound Labs, whatever and are as musical as any amp on the market
Aronov..sounds too "rooshian" for "westerners"! Perhaps they are not taken very seriously? Bias, does exist even in "Audio" world. Remember "Stereophile" review of "infamous" KR-6000(??) amps? They were "estatic" about the sound:"...finest, finest amp we EVER heard" however, it did not perform on the "bench-test" as thay expected...so it could not be recommended! Than Vac Avatar virtualy "blow-up" at the test! Made class A rating than moved to B...? The "fi" mag. did review one of these "commie bastards" products..and they were wery pleased with it! Regards