Preamp with a DNA-1, tube or SS?

I´m on the look-out for a new preamp, my poweramp is a McCormack DNA-1 dlx. Would it be better to go for a tube preamp? (like ARC, VTL) Speakers are Magnepan 3.6´s. I´d appreciate your help. Hasse
hasse
Read "preamp recommendation for a 3BST amp" posted in this section on same date.There are a handful of tube preamps that will nicely compliment your DNA-1 Dlx.Up the road,a revision A upgrade will take it all up another serious level.Also read passive preamps posted here on 5/31/00
Hi Hasse; If you like neutral, consider Sonic Frontiers Line 1 or 2-- they sound great with the DNA series amps. Cheers. Craig
Hi Hasse,I should have mentioned that I replaced my 3BST with a DNA-1 Dlx and all of the pre amps that I tried with the 3BST sounded fine with my DNA-1 Dlx .In order, from good to the best sounding in my system ,Bryston BP-25MC ,Anthem Pre1L , Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Signature ,and my current one, the latest version of an Audible Illusions M3A .BTW the A.I. M3A has had upgrades every year since the "A" version was released in 1996 .The Line 1(used $1200.-$1500.)should sound simular to the SFL-1 Sig.(used $700.-$800.) and if you need a remote and it fits your budget,the Line 1 isn't a bad way to go.There are other good possibilities and these are the pre amps(except the Line 1) that I owned and compared in my system.