preamps - vtl tl5.5/rogue 99/linn kairn

i currently use a linn kairn w/brilliant p/s & fono - great transparency/detail/clarity/pace, & convenience. considering toobs, & have narrowed it down to the vtl tl-5.5 & the rogue 99. both have optional internal fono, like the linn. i'm interested in the possibility of better soundstage depth, but don't wanna give up what the linn does well. speakers are meret re's, bi-amped w/a pair of electrocompaniet amps; lo-end is x-over'd at 60hz w/a marchand 24db/octave x-over, to a pair of bridged adcom gfa 555's driving vmps larger subs. any comments/suggestions? max budget is ~$2k (new *or* used). thanks
sedond
Sedond and David99, Do either of you know how I can (or if) connect my Bag End sud to the pre? In the 66 they mention a internal swith that allows you to use a sub. The manual does not mention anything about it. Thanks, Bob
telescope_trade, i know nothing of this switch, but call mark o'brien at rogue - he's wery friendly & helpful (tho he prolly doesn't care for *me* too much!) ;~)

do ewe have the elf processor w/your bag-end? i'm not wery familiar w/how this works, but doesn't the pre's outputs go to this proccessor? in my case, i run a pair ov vmps larger subs, and my pre feeds a marchand active x-over which splits the signals to the amps...

doug

Hi Sedond, I will have to wait until Brian gets back from CES. I'm not sure about what processer you are talking about, but with other pre's I have used I just run the sub straight to a pre out, one for the amp and one for the sub. This pre amp has two out's also, but one say's "amp" and the other say's "record". But the sub does not work in the record out.??!! I guess I'll just have to wait, I sure would hate for that to be a deal breaker though, I'm to used to the sub at this point. Thanks for the input! Cya, Bob
Sedond, the VAC Standard Preamplifier "Limited Edition" sounds better than the rogue99 or the vtl 5.5. I've not heard the Melos or the Cary though.
I have been inside my 99 several times and the only switches I have seen are in my phono stage.I have looked it over inside closely.Sorry I cant help.Try calling Mario owner of Toys From The Attic.He may be able to help you.He is a Rogue dealer. 914-421-0069