BEST PHONO STAGE FOR UNDER OR OVER 1GRAN

What is the best phono stage for under or just over a grand? Lehman the black cube? EAR 843-? PHONOMENA?
bemopti123fbbc
HI CARL,IVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.I HAVE LEFT MY TUBE GEAR ON FOR SEVERAL DAYS STRAIGHT.I FEEL AN HOUR OR SO WARM UP TIME BRINGS IT ABOUT AT THE SAME PERFORMANCE LEVEL.ALBERT FEELS CERTAIN DESIGN TUBE GEAR CAN BE LEFT ON ALL THE TIME AND ACTUALLY LENGHTENS TUBE TIME.MY TELEFUNKINS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD FOR 10-100,OOO HOURS.ALL MY OTHER TUBES UP TO 7500 HOURS.THATS MANY YEARS OF LISTENING.I FEEL THE EXTRA EXPENSE OF TUBES IS WORTH IT.INSTEAD OF GETTING TIRED OF A SOLID STATE SOUND AFTER A WHILE AND SELLING IT I COULD JUST UPGRADE MY TUBES FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS FOR AN IMMEDIATE,CHEAP,UPGRADE.TUBES ARE BEST,NO DOUBT.SOLID STATE IS MUCH MORE CONVIENIENT THATS FOR SURE.BUT THE REALISM AND SOUNDSTAGING OF TUBES CANT BE BEAT.I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS A KRELL KSA-250.IF I WANT A FREE HAIR CUT AND SHAVE I JUST GO SIT IN FRONT OF THAT FOR A WHILE.
David, your experience is yours, and my experience is mine, and the two are different. I'm ok with that. You are obviously biased against solid state, and I believe I am not biased against tubed devices. I just go by what I hear, and it's obvious neither of us will be changing our minds. I hope you're ok with that.
Carl,I am so glad you didnt trash me.I tried to add another posting after my last one but couldnt get in.Then I had to go out for the day.This is what makes our beloved hobby so fun.Sharing ideas and opinions.Yes I am biased and its obvious.My friends think Im nuts for being into tubes and analog! They are biased concerning S.S. and digital.BUT they feel my sound is more involving and has better sound staging then their setup.Regardless they wont convert.Go figure! But we all have a common bond and can disagree but still be cool about it.I need to calm myself a bit.Im staring to act like the "old Carl" Tell me what chill pill you took,I need one.Have a GREAT HOLIDAY Carl and everyone else.
David, you have a good holiday too! And I didn't take any chill pill, it's just that you guys finally decided to stop being babies and complaining about me to Neil every two seconds...........BTW, I feel that if you heard my system, you'd change your mind about solid state. And, I'm glad that I'm open minded enough to appreciate both CD and vinyl, and feel that those that close themselves off to either one are being silly. Michael Fremer agrees with me.
Carl.I never complained about you.I stuck up for you.And Im not closed minded about digital.I just know digital SUCKS THE BIG ONE!!! How many times Carl have you been listening to vinyl and have said to your self "there is no way in hell digital can sound like this" Many times,right?? PLUS I LOVE collecting albums.I could write for hours of all the classic rock I pick up for almost nothing.I like the hands on analog demands also.I feel more involved and interested.Any body can run out and buy a C.D. player but it takes talent to set up a great analog front end.I KNOW we agree on this..... BYE