Top resistors

Many threads with opinions on boutique coupling capacitors, but very little consolidated information on the sonics of resistors. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the attributes of their favorite brands & types for specific tube and SS applications? How much of a difference does a good resistor make?

My interest in the topic increased after recently installing the latest Texas Components nude Vishay TX2575 in several SS and tube phono & LS components. This was a proverbial "Ah-ha" moment-- a stray resistor dropped into signal path here or there, surprising with an improvement that equalled or surpassed the impact of a switch to a top coupling cap like V-Cap or Mundorf.
dgarretson
I don't think Michael Percy sells TX resistors. I asked recently and he said no.
You can buy direct from the manufacturer:

http://www.texascomponents.com
[email protected]
713-468-3882

It's a small company with helpful and friendly staff that actually answer the phone. It's a pleasure doing business with them.
The top vishays are the S102 and the VSR.

They are measureably quieter than anything else out there, and have an openness to the sound. If you install Vishays and your piece now sounds bright, the brightness is due to something else; not the vishays.

I have been using Vishay bulk foil for over 12 years. They make a huge sonic improvement in any piece I Have installed them in.
To address Kirkus's point that low-noise resistors make less difference in low-current locations, I just finished installing TX2575 at grid of amplifier tube in my phono preamp, and also at ingress of first gain stage to form standard 47K cartridge load. Both changes were very audible improvements.

Has anyone tried Duelund graphite resistors in crossover? The tweeter section of my stock crossover currently uses Caddock MP820/1 power resistors & Hovland cap.
Mr Dgarretson!
I´ve changed to Duelund (big ones) graphite resistor and Mundorf Silver/Oil cap on my Merlin MX in tweeter section.
Sound is smoother but yet detailed. Hovland I find edgy/harsch. I would very much like to swap the whole crossover to Duelund caps/resistors, but it would break my budget.

I would like to change input resistors (47k) on my Jadis DPMC phono pre. Don´t know if 47k loading is of one or more resistors, no circuit diagram. It´s just to test, maybe it´s not worth it. I use MC cartridge of 0.6 mV.
Any experience?
Thanks and enjoy music!