Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Dewald Visser

23 year old male AUDIO enthusiast. Loves music, music, musiek, muzik... on Vinyl that is...
Plays piano & guitar - loves to sing.
Running a small Graphic Design Studio.
Busy developing a high-end turntable and will hopefully be busy manufacturing soon!

I live is a beautiful small town situated on the foot of the Anderson Gebergtes (mountains) called Lydenburg - in the Mpumalanga provence. South Africa.

Dewald Visser - only audiophile in about 300 kilometer radius!
Great thread. In our world today peaple have become obsessively estranged from friendship...

My name is William Childress and I am a anesthestist for a small community hospital in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains (bluegrass world capital). I have a wonderful wife whom works tirelessly within our home and as a registered nurse part time at a local nursing home. We have four children (2 girls & 2 boys) who enjoy music (piano, clarinet, violin/fiddle, and guitar) and, of course, driving us crazy.

I enjoy rock-n-roll, jazz, ragtime, swing, blues, bluegrass, celtic, (funk generation) soul, classical, oldies, and 50s 60s 70s pop.

My audiogon login does pay homage to the Grateful Dead - I was and still am a "Dead Head." Though, many may dislike 'the Dead', I employ those folks to take a moment and listen; their music was quite a historical melding of bluegrass + jazz + rock -- the uninitiated may want to stick to studio albums, though.

Cheers
My name is Lou and from my username I guess you can figure out what I think sounds best. I'm 46 years old and live in a Western suburb of Philadelphia and have been in Philly my whole life. I'm a diehard Eagles fan and typical Phrustrated Philly fan. Right now I'm in between jobs but have been in Real Estate and Property Management for the past 15 years. I have been married for 15 years and have a beautiful 13 year old daughter.

My next door neighbor growing up, Uncle Al, was a mfg rep for audio equipment and most likely was the one responsible for getting me into audio. I would be playing ball in the street with my brothers when Uncle Al would pull into his driveway and motion us to come over. He always had DJ Promo copies of albums to give us and other stuff. Some of the albums were junk but some were real gems, like the Doors/Morrison Hotel. He repped some cool gear too but I was pretty young then.

Jumping forward, I've been into this since my late teens/early 20's and have gone through a lot of gear since then. I used to have large collections of TAS, Stereophile, HFN & RR, HiFi Heretic & Listener magazines and would love to read the reviews and even worked for about 2 years selling mid-fi & lower priced hi end gear. All of those magazines are long gone and so is most of the gear. Right now, I'm enjoying Tim Rawson's Gainclone mono blocks thru a Superphon Rev Basic Dual Mono and Omega Grande 8 speakers. Pretty darn good for not a lot of money.

I've met a lot of really nice people thru A'gon but mostly scan the ads rather than read the posts. I love trading gear too and have traded a custom PP6bg6 amp to another a'gon member (Inrit) for his Tannoys and recently traded the Tannoys for the Omegas. Rounding out the current system is a Rega Planar 3, ads CD3, Nakamichi BX125 and a cheap but nice sounding Pioneer T500 tuner. Sorry for being so long-winded, thanks for reading! Louis
I'm Jerry, 51, and have lived in AZ all my life except for four years in Puerto Rico, beautiful island and wonderful people. I am a buyer for R&D missile development for a huge company and have been there for 21 years. My family (married to my sweetheart for 20 years) and my religion are the most important things in my life and music is the funnest thing I do. I have my masters degree and speak Spanish. I got my first crack at music in about fifth grade with Herb Alpert and the Beatles records and have never looked back. I pursue the perfect sound as if there were no tomorrow but am very limited to my reasonable budget. I won’t let this get away from me.
and i thought it'd be appropriate to introduce myself.
been lurking around for a while and decided to jump in now.
my name is zach. i am a jazz guitarist/composer living in southern california.
i grew up listening to some great hi-fi gear, thanks to my dad who had been a high-end dealer for over 35 years.
i am married to a violinist and we listen mostly classical and jazz.