Best blues guitarist, Clapton or Green

I know Clapton is God, but is he a better blues guitarist than Peter Green.
cody
You all mention great blues guitarist, buuuuut I heard that in heaven God's choice is Roy Buchanan.
Neither. Johnny Winter, hands down. Now I love Clapton and SRV and all of the other that have been mentioned, but they can't match Johnny when it comes to playing from the gut. If you want your blues to sound like it's being performed in an inner city bar at 3 in the morning by someone who is ready to dig down and get dirty, then Johnny's your man. I've seen Buddy in concert and he was an incredible showman. Clapton probably is God, and SRV was brilliant in his constantly changing variations. But Johnny at his best is better than anyone I've ever heard. Listen to the title track (Hell, listen to the whole damn CD) of "Third Degree". Johnny is not polished or practiced or precise like all of the others. His style is raw, powerful, fluid and genuine. To my mind, this is what blues is supposed to be. He has had a very up and down career. A lot of his recordings sound awful. But, IMHO, no modern blues guitarist has ever immersed himself so throughly into the blues as has Johnny Winter. And on a good day, I doubt if even "Slow Hand" could keep up with him.
Dennisn, I had a most of Johnny's Album and have replaced them with cds. I love his work with Muddy. I have a Johnny solo album "nothing but the Blue" with a great track I think its called "the sun is shining". James Cotton intros the song with some great harmonica. Guess I'll buy the CD. PS- On Guitar Slinger- the bass player and drummer are the Ice Breakers ffrom Albert Collins. They are great.
Nothing personal guys, but most of you need to do a WHOLE lot more listening to blues guitarists. Eric Clapton is a great guitarist, but I think it's a stretch to call him a BLUES guitarist. Infact, IMHO, there is only one great, WHITE blues guitarist: Stevie Ray Vaughn. First, we need to distinguish between acoustic blues guitarists, and those playing electric guitar. Among the great electric blues guitarists I would include: B.B. King; Buddy Guy; Luther Allison (one of my personal favorites); Albert Collins; Son Seals; Muddy Waters; Albert King; Acoustic greats (many of them were old Delta blues players): Mississippi John Hurt; Son House; Big Bill Broonzy; Bukka White; and Browny McGhee. In closing, I suggest you check out the new CD by Eric Clapton and B.B. King, titled "Riding With The King" - it's got some great playing by both guys.