Bob Weir documentary on Netflix

Just saw this. It's called THE OTHER ONE. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Cheers -Don
fjn04
Seriously, Mateored? Maybe you have to be a musician to fully appreciate The Band. I've seen a lot of them starting with The Beach Boys (you laugh? They were great live!), Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Who, Hendrix, Cream, Jeff Beck, Doors, up through current ones, and The Band were BY FAR the best of them all. A few other guys who agree with me: Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, T-Bone Burnett, Nick Lowe, Bonnie Raitt, John Hiatt, many, many others. They are to Rock 'n' Roll what Count Basie and Duke Ellington are to Jazz---pure class!
Mateored, you have my permission to continue not being a huge fan of the band. :)
Well, I agree with Bdp24 that the Beach Boys and the Band were great live. I think the Band's first two LP's stand up to anything done in that era.

I've got the Weir doc on my list, hope to see it soon. The Muscle Shoals film is definitely worth the watch. It takes a little while to get going but it is interesting.
Seriously, Bdp?

Thanks, Jdoris. : )

By the way - I located the Duane Allman documentary on Hulu. It's called "Song of the South: Duane Allman and the Rise of the Allman Brothers Band"
I enjoyed seeing "Who the F**K is Authur Fogel?", mainly because of the fascinating inside view of the business that I never really thought about. Lots of interviews with the man himself, Bono, Sting, Bowie, Madonna and others.

Another one I'd suggest is "Upside Down: The Creation Records Story", also for the inside perspective.