Tidal

I am new to the computer streaming concept. I am interested in anyone who has experience with Tidal. Please educate me as to what equipment I need from my PC to my Preamp. Thanks, Steve
salevick
2020, You should get your Broadband checked, at my home I have almost zero issues with dropouts, listening to Tidal while writing this. At my office I have no issues on weekends and evenings but during the daytime its impossible to listen because of dropouts, I can speculate that its because of heavy data flow in our office building.

I think that the reason you have better luck with Spotify it because its not full format requiring less data flow, I'm sure folks more knowledgable on this subject can fill in on this.

Good Listening

Peter
John, Spotify doesn't drop out on your rig because it is a much smaller signal nd is compressed. There is not much there to download. You need throughput for tidal, as it is uncompressed. If you can put the infrasturcture together, tidal BLOWS Spotify off the planet.
Interesting trivia......

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-05-28/why-jay-z-s-tidal-streaming-music-service-has-been-a-disaster
Anyone use a blue sound node 2 or Aires mini? I'm setting up a system in the living room. I have spica angelus speakers a mc2205 or an Accuphase P300. I need a streamer or dac and computer which is what I have in my smaller bedroom for critical listening.
thanks in advance.
brian
Post removed