Linda Ronstadt can't sing anymore.

Do not know if everyone has seen or heard this, but Linda Ronstadt has been diagnosed with Parkinson's and can't sing anymore.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/24/215035751/ronstadt-tells-aarp-she-has-parkinsons

If one can say that a particular artist/group got them into high-end audio, she would be mine.

Definitely in my top 5 of favorite female vocalists.

Very sad indeed...
128x128mofimadness
the Mexican song excerpt in the NPR interview was really great. I really appreciate you posting the link. i also see little point in comparing her to the many many great vocalists dating all the way back to the 1st microphones. but she was loved by many of us in our time, and certainly didn't have to stick to a set formula, which was new to a lot of rock and rollers. and she had our undying respect and admiration in every phase of her evolution. my personal opinion is that she got even better when she tried new things.
Hi Al

Yes, I too loved the Seekers back in the day but when I listen to Georgy Girl I am reminded of the Lynn Redgrave character in the movie, not Judith Durham and thanks for letting us, or at least me know her name, I didn't until now. When I listen to the Stone Poneys sing Long Long Time or Different Drum that vision of Linda comes immediately to mind. Judith may have had a great career, she certainly has a wonderful voice but Linda has remained relevent and remained in the realm of the great pop music singers in the US since the mid 60's. In addition to her talents, she's a real cutie as others have noted and that certainly doesn't diminish her appeal. Who on this site old enough to remember Linda's persona, voice or looks hasn't fallen in love with her at some point in their life?

Thanks for sharing info about Judith, what I love about this site, the recognition by others of those that have been forgotten by most but will never be forgotten by those touched by their music.
I agree with almarg in virtually ever post but Judith Durham, and I know her music well, doesn't even approach Linda Ronstadt's all around vocal ability.

Yes, she has a pure and lovely voice but lacks the range, dynamics, impact, slam, and versatiliy of Linda Ronstadt.
Well said Tubegroover. I own 3 or 4 of Linda's albums, including "Living in the USA." The album pic is of Linda wearing roller skating shorty shorts. She was sooooo cute. And boy ... could she belt out the Chuck Berry classic, "Back in the USA." My wife became jealous and confiscated the album for a week.