Ambient / New Age Anyone?

I got a lot out of the 'Techno Anyone' thread, so I thought I'd start up one for the ambient/new age stuff. Stuff like Brian Eno (father of ambient), Patrick O'Hearn, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Shulze, Richard Burmer...

I'd like to hear everyone and anyone's thoughts on what they think are the best of the genre.

I particularly like Eno/Budd's The Pearl, Eno's 'Apollo', Richard Burmer's 'Mosaic' and 'Invention', Patrick O'hearn's 'Between Two Worlds' and 'Rivers Gonna Rise', Tangerine Dream's hard to find 'White Eagle' and Klaus Shulze's 'Dune'. I'll chime in with more later.

Any other 'must-haves'??

Chris
cdelplato
Future Sound of London's 'Lifeforms' and 'Dead cities' are two stand outs. I will post more as I recall.
Paul Shutze, Steve Roach and Robert Rich are all heavy hitters in the ambient genre, another favorite is Oyuki Conjugate.

If you check out the Boards of Canada get their new album Geoghaddi, it's their best work to date.
Rwwear - I agree that technically Tan Dream are not ambient, but for my own classifications I pretty much group all ambient/electronica together. Admittedly blurring the line a bit.

Rzemoski - I have a Stearns CD - M'Ocean which is good. Also, Eno/Hassell's Possible Musics is very good indeed. And I have heard of Serrie's 'And the Stars...' album, but never actually heard any of it - yet.

Ejlif - I know Steve Roach is highly regarded. For some reason, I have only heard a small sampling of his stuff and don't own any. Will have to rectify that, I suppose. What would be his 'definitive' work? I remember hearing something from an album called 'Dreamtime Return', and recently saw a CD in a shop called 'Streams & Currents'. I remembered that title because I am an avid fly fisher.

Chris
If you like TD(I have over 80 CDs by them)check out Steve Hillman and Dweller at The Threshold. They are both in the vein of earlier TD.

Robt.
TAS released a compilation CD a few years back (long since out of print), entitled Hearts of Space. Mainly a mix of Electronica and New Age. Very well produced. I also recommend Steve Reich's recording on the Private Music lable of a work called Gaudi. It's a musical interpretation of Gaudi's architecture.