Modern day female jazz recommendations

We all know the classics from decades ago. What are your favorite your more contemporary female jazz singers of today?

Living close to Nashville I have the opportunity to see and hear a lot of up and coming artists. Nashville is NOT just country music by a long shot.

I'll start with Diana Krall....
dean_fuller
Terrific thread going on over at Asylum on this very same subject. Some tremendous recommendations.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/music/messages/15/153386.html
Perhaps not very well known in North America, but if you like Diana Krall try to hear British stalwart Clare Teal. Perhaps leans to the big band sound, but mixes some contemporay writing (her own included) with the standards.
Hope I'm not showing my ignorance by classifying her as a 'jazz singer'!
my favorite are Cassandra Wilson, Patricia Barber, Madeleine Peyroux, Jacintha(light but pleasant depending on the mood), Diana Krall(although not the last 2 albums).
I also listento Cesaria Evora but it's more of a world music than jazz...sort of like Buena Vista Social Club.
Rebecca Parris, Mary Stallings,Diane Reeves. Regina Belle is not necessarily known as a jazz singer more pop/rb actually but has an excellent voice.