cable reviews?

I read the forums and the online magazines and always wonder about the cable reviews. How can I discover what all of the hype is about. I have read promising reviews about cable brands such as Cardas, TARA Labs, and Transparent. I admit I’m leaning towards TARA due to many awards I’ve seen in AbsoluteSound magazine. Cardas also seems to be pretty good also. Any advice on which cables would best suit my system. I have a modest system, with the new Sony Digital front end (brilliant), Bryston electronics and B&W loudspeakers. Thank you
fschulz
anyone reading this ever work for a large company that produces cables , that could give up the insider secrets ?
I myself really like Kimber Kable for signal transfer. And for AC duty I am a Shunyata type of guy... As always,it comes down to personal taste and how much money you want to spend. Buying and selling used is a great way of finding what works best, as already stated.Good luck in your cable journey.
Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable and Audioquest King Cobra are good mates for modest systems. Kimber's PBJ is still a great budget IC if you don't need shielding.

Get comfortable with some modestly priced cables and let them settle for a month of listening before considering any of the 'spensive stuff because you are going to be having to evaluate trade-offs.
I agree, cables are so system dependent, you can not generalise. They have to work in your system. I can really see no reason to buy cables new. As long as they have'nt been mistreated, how can they go wrong and if you buy second hand you can resell at no or low cost. The to buy section on the Gon is loaded with cables.

I havegone through a good number of companies Kimber, Nordost and Acoustic Zen and found all of them good. I have tended to graduate to the small companies with low or no marketing budget. Currently and for a couple of years, I have been using Silnote, Wywires and Sablon audio for power cables. All are pretty good value cables, in my view.

As an aside, many people recommend sticking to one manufacturer, in your cable loom. It may be a good idea, but I have never managed it
professional reviews of cables or speakers or components are all the same and all positive and good for yer reference to think'bout. not good reviews are usually not professional. so choose between good and good. it's eeazzie.