Slow Down, You Move too Fast

Hello Again,

It's been a while and nice to be creeping back in to the game!

My system has sat pretty still for a while and some recent changes have made it a bit lean and quick. The most recent culprit are MG Audio planus III speaker wire. Amazing detail and extension. And fast. A bit too fast for my system: I initially loved them, and still really appreciate their attributes, but these old dog's ears got tired.

So, I am looking to slow things down into a more of a comfy zone.
I am thinking of new speaker cable and perhaps a set of interconnects and could use some insights...

The speaker cables that look good to me are:
-Tara Labs, the One or Two +/-EX
-Purist Audio Venusta
-Kubala Sosna Emotion

The Interconnects are the same-ish. I try one instead of one of my Gabriel Gold Infusions:
-Tara Labs, the One or Two +/-EX
-Purist Audio Venusta
-Jade Audio Hybrid Gold

Is that too much for one thread?

Looking forward to batting it about.

Enjoy the tunes!

And, thanks.
budburma
Thankyou gentleman for the Humor, I got a good laugh, If Bud has questions, I will do my best to help.
@Isosochronism @Jmcgrogan2
Ha! I am waiting for him! I have seen his tag and rave reviews for Tara. In any case, I'll gird my fiscal loins and try to keep the audiodrenaline at resonable revs.

BUT, I do think the Tara SC's make the most sense. The Kubala may be a bit too much in the warm corner and an over correction. I have looked at the Cable Co.'s lending library and it is not helpful at this time. I can pick up the 2's available or the 2EX's. The 1's here on Agon is spoken for, but I can wait....

Any advice there? 2's? 2EX? Wait for the 1's? I can't help but think of the Matrix and laugh every time I type that!

When I owned the Jade Gold reference there was so much I loved about it, but the pace was too slow. It felt unnaturally held back. Again, it might be an overcorrection. I was looking at Jade's system again (we have some and have had more equipment in common). He was a Kubala man before he plugged in his own cables.....

Maybe the Hybrid is a little quicker. And, mixed with the Infusion would be the ticket for IC's. Feels right in my deep sonic limbic brain in any case.

Maybe some Vermeil Speaker cables! So hard to find any of his stuff on the used market....I see the Vermeil IC's being sold by Lak, but even those are rare birds.

I think I'll calibrate my compass avoiding true north, pitch my tent in the shade and camp with the crazies.

Enjoy the tunes!

Best,
Art
@Audiolabrynth There you are! Shazam, right on time! Laughing is such a good thing to do....it's hard to measure the benefit, but I know it's substantial for me. And remembering to take a deep breath several times a day.

I think you CAN help, re: speaker cables-2, 2EX, or 1's? The Tara people recommended the 2....I think because of my over resolution issue. But, I think I can further adjust that upstream. There are 2's and 2ex's on Agon now in good lengths for me......but if the One is the 1, I can wait.

Thank you, sir!
Hey Art, I can't help you with the difference between The 2, The 2 EX and The One, as I've never really compared them side by side against each other. I have used The 2 and The One interconnects in series, but not comparing one against the other. I can't imagine there is too much difference in tonal balance, though I'm sure that I will be told differently. ;) Welcome to the circus!!

I think your overall chance of finding a warm Tara Labs cable is about as good as finding a revealing Purist Audio, Jade Audio or Kubala Sosna cable though. I do think that knowing your tastes, you would find the K-S Emotion cables too warm for you.

I've owned the Jade Vermeil and the Hybrid, I never heard the Reference. Though I think the more gold that Jade uses, the warmer and slower the pace is. He uses gold plated silver in the Vermeil, and IMHO that is the quickest and liveliest Jade cable that I have heard. His Hybrid is all gold on the positive leg, and gold plated silver on the negative leg. It was richer, warmer and more colorful than the Vermeil. I believe that Jade is using all gold in the Reference, so it is probably even richer, warmer, and slower than the Hybrid. If that's any help.
Of teh ones I've tried, DNM Reson ICs seem to get it most right for me and for reasonable cost.