Hidiamond vs Hifidelity interconnects

Anyone have direct experience comparing the 2 brands?
leicachamp
Thanks Paz307. Your description is helpful. I will hook up with HiFiAl and see what I hear in my system. I use Audio Tekne interconnects which are Litz design, 500 copper strands. They really dig deep in to the music especially in the mids but lack a little bit in the upper frequencies. The beta HF cables I tested were very good but I thought they lacked that emotion or "wood" as I call it. For example stand up bass just did not have the full sound of the wood of the bass instrument, same with piano. It was more detected in direct comparison of each cable. As I mentioned, I spoke to Rick about this and he advised me that the newer design changed this and it was mostly because of the amount of time to break the cables in and how he cooked them before sending them out or something like that.

Happy Listening!
Bigkidz, I have owned the exact Audio Tekne interconnects that you currently own and you are correct they do lack in the upper frequencies as well as the very last octave. I also felt the same way in regards to your description of the HF cables. Either your ears or system is similar to mine and my suggestion for an emotional experience try HD cables. It doesn't mean HF cables are bad but perhaps just not right for your system.
PAz307,

So can you describe the difference in the AT versus the HD cables? Which model of the HD are you using, what versions did you try? Last what version of the HD ICs would begin to offer better sound compared to the AT ICs?
bigkidz, The AT cables for me were very veiled and I just don't like cables that are rolled off at the top and bottom. In my opinion a much better comparison would be the HD versus the HF cables because they are both excellent cables. When I say I tried some second tier cables by HD I really mean the HD cables that are second from the top. I tried the P3 power cable and could have easily lived with that power cable but at 3 times the money the P4 is the best power cable I have heard and it should be at 3 times the money. The D7 and D8 speaker cables are both excellent but for some reason the D8 speaker cables just take my system to another level. I have had a couple of different RCA interconnects but I am now XLR 3 throughout. For me I hate spending stupid expensive money on cables and I personally think HD cables are great value even on their top models. I cannot give you any recommendation because I have no idea what your system consist of, I only know what I hear in my system.
I would suggest you find what is missing from your system and contact both HD and HF for their recommendation.
Anyone have heard the improved HD digital ref RCA in their system? IME, the HF CT1E digital is a much better fit (better imaging, more airy) than the mid 2013 model of the HD digital ref, it beats also my Tara Labs ISM Onboard Digital 0.8 XLR in terms of resolution. I need another digital RCA for my system and would like to hear other opinions/suggestion before investing more in HF.