Hidiamond vs Hifidelity interconnects

Anyone have direct experience comparing the 2 brands?
leicachamp
Hello Hifial...thanks for your input. I am not realizing an issue with bass. I find the HF cables to be extremely reactive to the source material, especially in regard to the bottom end. No exaggeration or bloat. Unlike the Ct-1 ics's, though, the Enhanced speaker cable has brought down my gain by a noticeable and undesirable amount.
Comparisons of the HD 8 speaker cable to the HF is surprising, in that they have many similar attributes. The HF is more refined with better delineation, but the HD is quite good in both these areas. The slam and density, at least so far is more prominent with the HD. This makes listening easier and more relaxing for me with my system.
Maybe, the mix of HF ic's and HF speaker cable is proving to bring out the goods for my tastes.
I have not had anyone respond to the question of drop in gain.
Paz307,
Your post is an example of why you have to try something in your system to really know what you`ll hear. My deep appreciation for the HF CT1 E and U version is due to the emotional involvement they provide in my system, superb! The sense of human soul and flesh on the bone presence is very compelling and I`m completely connected with the music. So for what ever reason there may be, our impressions are different. I`m glad you found a cable that suits your objectives, that`s the bottom line.
Paz307, your statement about "emotionally connected" with the HD cables is one that you and others have used many times on the HD thread. Also the "lifelike" aspect. Those statements and others like them on the HD thread led me to order a fukk loom of HD cables. I had them first burned in on a Cable Cooker and then played several hundred hours of music through them before any evaluation. At one point I had a HFC CT-1 interconnect with two pairs of HD D7 Speaker cables.

Well, I must say I never once experienced what you and others have described with a full loom of HD. Again even after over five hundred hours plus the cable cooker. However I have experienced that with the HFC with a full loom.

Now, I am not saying you have not experienced that in your system. But I have also loaned my HD cables to a few of my fellow Club Members and not one of them were impressed with the HD Cables.

Please keep in mind I have a very resolving and transparent system so I do hear subtle changes.

I am glad you are happy with the HD cables as we each must find what works in our own systems.
Siddh, I never meant that the HD cables are poor when it comes to base, just that many others are and used that as a comparison.

As far as "gain" I am perplexed. I never had a problem with gain at all. You should contact Rick and HFC and talk to him about it. He is very willing to help in anyway he can.

The one thing I have noticed about the HFC Cables is that they lower the noise floor by a huge amount and allows me to turn the volume up to levels I could never do before. Before at those levels there was too much noise along with the music.

Mind you this is with Amps and a DAC that are some of the most noise free around.

Give Rick a call.
To all; Most of us know that when you disconnect and reconnect a cable that it needs sometime to "settle" and come back into its own before sounding its best again.
Some need very little time and others much more.

Well the HFC needs way more time then most might realize. The HFC, once disturbed, needs additional time for the Magnetic Conduction to reach the same level as it had before, once it has been disconnected.