Hidiamond vs Hifidelity interconnects

Anyone have direct experience comparing the 2 brands?
leicachamp
Siddh, I have had the CT-1E speaker cables in my system for about six months now. I must have about six hundred hours on them. I also have a set of CT-1 Jumpers so I can Bi-Wire. They have about three hundred hours.

I used the HiDiamond D7 Speaker Cables. However I used two sets so I could run from the two pairs of outputs on Veritas Mono blocks to the two pairs of inputs on my B&W 802D speakers. In the past on I ran two pairs of speakers instead of one pair and a Jumper it always sounded better with two.

The two pairs of D7 did a wonderful job and was one of the best I have had in my system. But the HFC are better in most ways and no less then equal in others.

I also have had the HD D2 XLR Interconnect and P3 Power cords. At one time I had a full HD loom.

I was not impressed by the D2 or the P3. They are competent, they just do not excel like the D7 did. And I had them in my system for over five hundred hours.

As to your concerns about the base. Wait for it, wait, wait, wait, there it is. It will come but the sound will also evolve over time so be patient.

You will get plenty of real, tight, lifelike sounding base vs an over abundance base, with bloat or loose base.

On some songs when it is in the recording and it calls for that deep moving base it is there in spades, as I feel the floor rumble and my pants legs wiggle.
I would first like to start by saying that my reference for sound is not my home audio system but rather my reference is from playing musical instruments like the acoustic guitar and piano for the past 30 years. I also enjoy small intimate live jazz bands that I try to attend every month in Florida. In my opinion all great singers and musicians have the ability to suck you in to their performances by allowing you to be emotionally connected to them and in my system that is exactly what the HD cables do. The HF cables that I tested were fully broken in and did sound very good on my system but I definitely found that the HF cables lack some emotion compared to HD cables: some people would describe this sound as thin. As I said previously; it is really great to see cables that bring this great hobby to another level and in my system I just prefer the emotion of the HD cables over the HF cables. The break in on my HD cables was also very long but right out
of the box HD cables portray the emotion of the artist and venue. I do not want to say my home system sounds the exact same as a live performance but with the HD cables it is as close as I have heard it and no other cable that I have owned or tried has ever had the ability to do that to my system.
Hello Hifial...thanks for your input. I am not realizing an issue with bass. I find the HF cables to be extremely reactive to the source material, especially in regard to the bottom end. No exaggeration or bloat. Unlike the Ct-1 ics's, though, the Enhanced speaker cable has brought down my gain by a noticeable and undesirable amount.
Comparisons of the HD 8 speaker cable to the HF is surprising, in that they have many similar attributes. The HF is more refined with better delineation, but the HD is quite good in both these areas. The slam and density, at least so far is more prominent with the HD. This makes listening easier and more relaxing for me with my system.
Maybe, the mix of HF ic's and HF speaker cable is proving to bring out the goods for my tastes.
I have not had anyone respond to the question of drop in gain.
Paz307,
Your post is an example of why you have to try something in your system to really know what you`ll hear. My deep appreciation for the HF CT1 E and U version is due to the emotional involvement they provide in my system, superb! The sense of human soul and flesh on the bone presence is very compelling and I`m completely connected with the music. So for what ever reason there may be, our impressions are different. I`m glad you found a cable that suits your objectives, that`s the bottom line.
Paz307, your statement about "emotionally connected" with the HD cables is one that you and others have used many times on the HD thread. Also the "lifelike" aspect. Those statements and others like them on the HD thread led me to order a fukk loom of HD cables. I had them first burned in on a Cable Cooker and then played several hundred hours of music through them before any evaluation. At one point I had a HFC CT-1 interconnect with two pairs of HD D7 Speaker cables.

Well, I must say I never once experienced what you and others have described with a full loom of HD. Again even after over five hundred hours plus the cable cooker. However I have experienced that with the HFC with a full loom.

Now, I am not saying you have not experienced that in your system. But I have also loaned my HD cables to a few of my fellow Club Members and not one of them were impressed with the HD Cables.

Please keep in mind I have a very resolving and transparent system so I do hear subtle changes.

I am glad you are happy with the HD cables as we each must find what works in our own systems.