Hidiamond vs Hifidelity interconnects

Anyone have direct experience comparing the 2 brands?
leicachamp
Well in my case I am using balanced cables and the hifidelity only comes in rca.After being so impressed with power HIDiamond power cords I wanted to use the rest of the line. Also the cost of these two lines is expensive to just compare since there are no trial periods.
Cables are very subjective. If you read through the 2 latest threads on these 2 brands, both mention the other and there is a lot of comparing and contrasting.

For my system, I found the High Fidelity speaker cables and rca's work the best (highest level) whereas the balanced Hi Diamond and power cords work the best (also highest level). I get better sound out of the High Fidelity rca's than the Hi Diamond 3 XLRs. The difference is greatest at the highest level in my system - its not even close. Characteristics such as speed, openness, clarity, micro and macro details and a "you are there" palpability are important to me and that is where the High Fidelity's excel. Just my opinion.
I have not heard the Hidiamond ic's, but do have both the Hidiamond 8 and High Fidelity Enhanced speaker cables. As I touched on in the HF thread, although my system was very satifying musically, interest in the HF cable was piqued by the number of comments in mag reviews, Audiogon threads, and a conversation with Rick Schultz, especially in creating a full loom. Interconnects are CT-1's, power cords HD 3's. The HD cable has approx. 200 hours on them, not yet fully broken in per the distributor. He suggests 100's, and possibly 1000 hours before they perform at their best.
The HF's have less than 60 hours, also well below the recommended break-in, but I am compelled to offer some noticeable observations. Break-in of both cables has been slow-going, and therefore, unpleasant. I run a tube amp necessitating shut down at end of listening sessions. Limited to three to five hours each evening, obtaining 500 hundred hours will take well over 4 months.
The Hidiamonds' stand-out, I believe, is in the density of mid to deep bass, making the music very involving. I notice no lack of detail or body. Listening is never fatiguing.
As pleasing as the HD's are the High Fidelity's, I find, offer a clearer, more open presentation. I don't know if it is due to less distortion, but the immediacy, timbre, instrument location, decay, depth and width of staging and imaging, delineation, bass response; and consequently, a rightness is what I hear. The full loom HF cables, in comparison seem to add nothing to the source material. What the limitations of my analog rig and speakers bring to each recording is transparent in ways I am unaccustomed to. With well recorded pressings, instruments, voices, background sounds, applause are more convincing. The bass is very quick and deep, but not quite as visceral. The bass is far from anemic. I still experience a growl from the woofer, but with less exaggeration. It proposes possible added distortions with my previously owned cables. The ceramic mid-range driver of the Avalon has more often than not left the mid-frequency a bit dry, but this cable offers a very palateable contribution to voices, horns and strings.
I am anticipating the changes yet to come from the HF, and although I am pleasantly impressed with what they are already doing I from time to time yearn for the deep, emotional involvement, which has been slightly thinned out. No fireworks and no artificial tuning. As, Rick has more than once suggested, I need to be patient as the system evolves.
Admittedly, this does not address the ic comparison, but may offer some insight from a fan of both cables.
After swearing I would not be trying anymore cables I did try the High Fidelity RCA interconnects CT1 E and this was my conclusion.

I think sound can be very system dependent and when I compared the High Fidelity cable to the exact same priced HiDiamond cable, the HiDiamond cables were much better in my system. In my system the micro detail was much more life like with a sense of air that is not there with any other cable I have tried. The HiDiamond cables sound more analogue to me, will the HF cables sounded more analytical which for some people that is exactly what they prefer. The great thing is there really is no right or wrong but instead what works best in our own system. The HiDiamond D8 speaker cables give me that last octave and real energy but to be honest I have not ever heard the High Fidelity speaker cables only their RCA interconnects. The game changer for me is when I combined all HiDiamond cables with the HiDiamond P4 power cables which is not available currently by HF. I like that HiDiamond is not testing their technology but rather has perfected their technology. I
think what is most important is that there are now real game changer cable manufacturers available for people that enjoy taking their system
to the next level
In reading about these two cable manufacturers, some of the comments were interesting. The HF cable seems to offer more clarity but seems to lack in comparison the emotion. I think I understand this description but I want to clarify by asking does piano, stand-up bass, large drums and horns have the correct tone, bite and what I call wood around the sound? IMO, I prefer the wood around the instruments sound and do not want lose that for what some describe as clarity or what has been described as natural sounding. If the speed of the cable takes that away then IMO the cable has a sound to it. Yes the cable that provides the more wood tone/sound also has a sound, but it is one that I prefer.

So if someone can clarify which of the cables provide the sound that I prefer (maybe you don't prefer) so that I can make my decision about which cable to try first in my system.

Thanks for your replies and Happy Listening.