Cardas: Clear vs. Golden Reference

Seeking description of Cardas Clear line (any of them) as compared to the Cardas Golden Reference. Speaker and/or interconnect.

Context: For years I have run my system virtually all Cardas Golden Reference, even that every few years I try out other cables. (I did have a long happy spell with the original Audience AU24 speaker cables :)

Question: Is the Clear line an improvement at every price point, or just a different voicing? E.g. Golden Reference and Golden Cross struck me as similar levels of quality but different voicing, with CGR having more treble detail but being a bit less euphonic.

Thanks,
Art
artmaltman
Not that this answers your question, but Cardas has just discontinued the Golden Reference, Golden Cross, Golden Preference and the Neutral Reference. They are/will be expanding the Clear line of cables.

Audiogoner Theo tipped me off to this and I verified it on the Cardas website.

http://cardas.com/cables.php
wow. Thanks.

That does leave open the question of why. For example, years ago they used to sell a Golden Reference power strip. I own one. Excellent. When I asked they why they discontinued it, they cited cost of production.
seems Cardas has had the golden reference around for a long time as with the cross,Neutral ect.
I had the reference and liked them alot,but as anything seems you got to have something new so customers keep coming back or maybe they will think Cardas is getting dated.
Look at shunyata,can't believe how many cables they have come up with and the hydra changes and it goes on and on.
Cardas probably figures that to stay in the game and out of the back woods they have to bring in something new to catch the consumers eye.
Not knock as I said I had their speaker cables and rca all reference.