Stager Silver Solid interconnects

I just received a pair of these today and they have exceeded my expectations by a considerable margin.

Marc Stager is the mastermind behind them and he produces a very nicely made interconnect - $150 for a 1 meter pair - each signal wire containing a single solid silver conductor.

Bottom line - what a fantastic product - worth every penny.

My current Ic's are either van den hul or DH Labs.

The focus that these cables bring to the music is amazing. At first I thought that the improvement was marginal, then as I changed albums the improvements became much more apparent.

As I type this I am listening to a Tacet recording - Die Rohre - The Tube.
My 12 x 15 ft listening room has been transformed into a small concert hall with all the superb acoustic nuances Tacet is famous for capturing.

If you are in the market for an interconnect try these out.

WARNING - these are not screened interconnects
HOWEVER - I cranked the volume up full without anything playing on my phono setup and the resulting sound from the speaker was no different from my double screened ic's

The two conductors are twisted quite tightly, which probably has a degree of rf rejection' but keep them away from mains cables!
williewonka
Couldn't agree more -- I replaced some Morrows w/ the Stagers and am very pleased with them.
As with everything in audio, ALL the components in a system make a difference.

I consider cables of any type, a passive component that posses attributes of Conductivity, Resistance, Capacitance and Inductance, all of which effects the sound and dynamics of a system

When I installed the Silver Solid's between the phono stage and the amplifier there was a distinct improvement in audio quality.

This tells me that both upstream and downstream components were all performing well above the capability of my old cables.

But if you don't find they perfrom to your expectations, it might not be the Silver Solids at fault!

Please, let me explain with a short story...
My phono stage is from Cambridge audio - a modestly priced MM/MC unit that came with a terrible wal-wart power supply.

I replaced that power supply with a custom built unit with extremley good power cables into and out of the unit. This made a considerable difference in the performance of that phono stage.

If I had not made these upgrades, then the improvement the Silver Solids made would have been less impressive, since the phono stage would not have been performing as good as it does now.

So, my point is - if ANY new "component" does not peform up to your expectations - it may not be that component, it may be one of the others in your system.

Having said all that I believe that the performance of the Silver Solids is extremely good and would be at home in systems many times the price of my modest setup.

I have no doubt that there are cables that can compete with the Silver Solids, but none of them would be priced at $150 for a 1 meter pair!

I'm a big fan of "Bang for the Buck" and I rate the Silver Solids one of the best values in audio components on the market today.

I just wish I could have found them sooner!
Came across this forum discussions on Stager Silver Solid and would like to share my experience. Mid of last year I have ordered a 0.75m RCA pair from Marc ( http://stagersound.com/silver/index.htm ) connecting my MF B200-X Amp to Sony XA30ES CDP which sounds so impressive (very quite, clear and dynamic with good sound stage).

And I have just placed a repeat order for half meter XLR pair of this Stager Silver Solids interconnect and eagerly waiting for its arrival to connect between Oppo BDP-95 universal BD player to my Classe Audio Cap-101 Integrated Amp driving a pair of B&W DM602S3.