Synergistic Research Comes Down to Earth

I just read some of the RMAF reviews. Since I live overseas I don't get to shows and am envious of those who have the opportunity to do so. I noticed a big difference in the Synergistic Research room this year versus last year.

In 2011 Synergistic Research chalked up a grand total of nearly $150,000 for their system with about $40,000 of that dedicated to their own equipment and cables. It must have been a pretty impressive sound. This year their room chalked up only about $25,000 with about $13,000 dedicated to their own equipment and cables.

Synergistic Research has really come down to Earth. I wonder how the 2012 system sounded compared to the 2011 system. One thing that I am pondering is the $1,500 Nola speaker in a $25,000 system. The Nola is supposed to be an impressive speaker but I wonder about the sonic attributes of a $1,500 in a $25,000 system. Can anyone report on the Synergistic Research room and the Nolas?
sabai
I'm going to order one HiDiamond Power 3 power cord and test it against the whole line of new Element power cords from Synergistic. I'm being sent to DEMO in my system Element Hologram A and Element Hologram D and also Element Copper (T2 Equivalent) and Element Tungsten (T3 equivalent). I'm using The Cable Company as my lender.

A full review will follow soon. Thanks ;-)

And.......
Hello, yes, I have done a comparison between Hi-Diamond Power Cables and Synergistic Research Element Power cables. I also have the older Synergistic Research Tesla SE power cables as well. Both new lines did out perform the older Tesla line by a lot. All the stereotypical terms, bigger more holographic soundstage, blacker background, instruments in correct locations and dimension, bass to treble smoothness. Comparing the Hi-Diamond to Element series was easy. Hi-Diamond has low end “Entry Level” power cable called the D3 for $650 and S.R. has the Element Copper $650 and Element Tungsten $900. The D3 fell in-between the two for performance in my opinion. But the Element Tungsten was the true winner easily. Plus the Element Tungsten won the TAS 2012 Cable of the Year Award. That alone says a lot. I discovered the Tungsten to be the most holographic sounding of all cables. Listening revealed exceptional high frequency extension and note decay that comes from a lower noise floor and its amazing portrayal of live music, presented in realistic space and scale, that is closer to a live event.

Next Hi-Diamond D4 $2,000 vs. S.R. Element Copper-Tungsten $1,800. They both had even bigger soundstages and frequency extremes. The Element Copper-Tungsten is more refined high frequency extension, pin-point imaging, with precise instrument placement, low frequencies are presented with amazing power and quickness. This cable was less warm and true to the source.

All these cables were even lesser refined and bettered by the Element C.T.S. Analogue and Element C.T.S. Digital, which are very refined. The Element C.T.S. Analogue superiorly blends warmth, liquidity, and musicality, with dynamics, precise imaging and high frequency air and extension. In addition, the Element C.T.S. Digital has two big strengths, musical liquidity and precise pin-point imaging, for a sound that is lush, detailed and precise. Synergistic claims that this cable is expertly voiced for digital components and that the Element C.T.S. Digital preserves live recordings with realistic scale and holographic room filling sound. I Agree, the details, dynamics, and precise image placement rival that of any cable I ever heard. I don’t think any of the Hi-Diamond cables are especially voiced for Analogue or Digital.

I always say get a FREE audition of the Synergistic Research power cables at any of their dealers like their website says and try them at home in your system and see which ones YOU like better. Have fun!
I have done a comparison with the S.R element copper tungsten to the Hidiamond P3 and found the P3 to compete very well against a cord 3x it's price. For a power cord of its price-point the P3 is a very good power cord.

But, I also did a comparison with a S.R Element(D) Copper Tungsten Silver power cord at twice the price of a P4 and found the HD power 4 at initial plug-in to be the clear winner. I find the S.R's to be liquid, analytical, forward sounding as most of their line to be. Very good pin-point imaging and soundstaging for both cords. But it was for the HD's P4 I found the natural flow of all instruments and voicing across the whole frequency range to be a fully engaging experience. Everything is where it should be the way we all want to hear music and or movies(what we see on the screen).

The P4 does everything extremely well with a naturalness that no other power cord can do and at a very comfortable pricepoint. It totally dissappers in your system. Enough said.

I would suggest anyone looking at the new S.R Element series power cords to definitely try a HiDiamond P3 and or P4. You will see and decide for yourself the positive differences and natural/lifelike qualities the HD lets through your music/movies. You will just forget about your cords and speakers and just close your eyes and listen with a smile.
Well there you have it. Try both Hi-Diamond and Synergistic Research
Element power cables in YOUR system and YOU decide. Both companies
offer cables at the same price points so whatever you choose will be the
best for you. I agree with Bacardi, ENJOY and have fun. and I will add, I
enjoy my system immensely every day!!! ;-)

Case closed.