A New Believer

I have listened to many systems over the years, and have never appreciated the difference speaker cables can make to a sound. In fact, I was so skeptical of the sound changes they can make that I have always not bothered with any special type of cables, generally going for generic (and dare I say it) roughly made ANY copper wire plugged in to amp and speaker. Well, imagine my surprise when I decided to do a blind test and listen to what difference cabling can make. Wow, my Vand 3A Sig's had been getting strangled! (some of you guys may want to strangle me if I told you what connects I had been using). So I am now a firm believer, cables DO make a difference.
joshc
You were told to listen for yourself and decide for yourself. If your music sounds better, then you have your answer. Try a few different cables and see for yourself.

That really is the only answer possible. The rest of this stuff is noise really my friend. Just listen. This is quite the opposite of faith. You are requiring first hand experience of something you must hear to act on. Nothing about this hobby should ever be faith based. It should be based on actual experience with the given item.

After having experience you will decide if there are improvements or differences.
The original poster thinks there are sonic differences between cables. That's great, if he's happy why should I try to convince him otherwise?

Why waste everyone's time on a subject that has been argued repeatedly without ever reaching a conclusion?
I say believe what you want to believe and leave everyone else alone! We're talking music reproduction here but it's getting too close to religion for me.
Rja

'I say believe what you want to believe and leave everyone else alone'!

which is exactly what I will do.
The person that suggested you must have faith is on the side of not hearing a difference. Read a few of his threads on cables and that will be verified. I agree with Grannyring, listen for yourself. That is the only way. Assuming that we know how to measure everything that the human hearing mechanism can distinguish is incredibly arrogant. Fortunately, at one time, someone proved that the world is not flat. All of the scientists and people who knew beyond any doubt otherwise, thought him a fool for holding such beliefs without ever investigating themselves. Again, listen for yourself. It can be done with little to no investment other than time and an open mind.