speaker cable upgrade

Should I invest approx $1200 on speaker cables for my sonus faber GPH speakers or just upgrade the speakers. I started with IC golden ref and digital cable cardas digital 15 with very good results. The current speaker cables are ps audio premier plus and upgrade will be to cardas golden ref.
rpssb
Get the GR if you are happy with your speakers; it will be a worthwhile upgrade. I use it with Spendor and Gamut; I also have PS high end cables and they are good but Cardas is better.
Post removed 
Much more bang for the buck with a speaker upgrade. Once you've found your "ideal" speakers then blos some dough on the cabling.

-RW-
The only slightly different perspective I would offer is that it often requires doubling your cost to get a significant improvement w a new component, assumming you have properly matched the item in question (in this case, amp/speaker interface). So you might be looking at speakers that retailed for about $7K, if you went that route. If used price is 1/2 that, you might have to spend about $3500. Now, these days, prices are down so that may not apply, nor would it if you paid too much or got a great deal. If you want a different flavor that's another matter. Just my $0.02.