Silver vs cryogenic treated copper

Does any one know which material (silver or cryogenic treated copper) is "better" for speaker cables and interconnects?
gte357s
Pani, can you please say the wires you evaluated before and after their cryogenic processing?

Thats an interesting question. Short answer is NO. I have not heard the same wire before and after cryo.

But its just my observation after hearing some of the very well known cables which use cryo treated copper and cables which are not cryo treated copper. Typically the Cryo treated ones sounded cleaner, more silent, blacker back ground, better separation of instruments (in fact much better) and smoother over all....but along with all this it took away some life from the music, the tones were relatively dry, the air around the instruments were lessened, I hear less nuances in the tones which make it sound smooth but flat and over all less real.

Silver does not take away life from the music but on all occasions it managed to alter the tones of the instruments to a degree where it sounded a bit mechanical and less body.
But I do agree that silver can sound very smooth, detailed, transparent and extended all at the same time. If you do not care for that little alteration of tone and timbre it can be a very musical experience. Audio Magic cables are great examples of good silver wire.
why not try both? Grover Huffman makes his cable using both cooper and silver with some aluminum thrown in there. Auditioning a set right now and so far sounding great.
I can attest to that myself as I have a pair of Grover's new Sx balanced cables in my rig and in conjunction with new 60" Room Tunes the sound is quite remarkable for me. Good example, yesterday I was listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side and it ALWAYS HAS SOUNDED LIKE CRAP! Very veiled and paritally constricted, hard to listen to, I even treated it with Ultra Bit and still no difference. When I listened yeaterday for the first time it was clear, clean and deep the way it's supposed to be (finally!). I gotta figure that Grover's cables hit a new plateau and it is simply spectacular! (I also use his Silver Bi-wire speaker cables).
I could rave for a long time about the sound but one cavet is: This is just my opinion in my room. These are great cables, Good Luck.