Need Some Advice regarding interconnects

Hey all...I need some advice regarding upgrading my interconnects at two places (1) from my solid state preamp to my tube mono blocks and (2) my turntable to preamp rca-rca. I currently use some cheapo Tara Labs but I need to upgrade...

I use Synergistic Research Alpha Sterling X2 from transport to dac and dac to preamp and Purist Audio Rev.A Digital from transport to DAC but I need to know what is a good match for my amps - preamp and turntable. My price range is around $400.00 - $600.00 on the Agon used market for each
thmicheletti
I think Harmonic Tech makes great cables. I use their Magic line throughout my system. Loads of detail, tons of well defined bass. Organic and musical.
I think it is important to keep all your interconnects and speaker cables in the same family. You can have one cable conflict the other and you can't really judge a cable IMO unless you match it up with like cables. You can put a very good cable on the speaker and have one of your ic's messing up its performance and or timing or any combination of things. I know a guy who went through this process and he had some mixed cables that gave him the sound he wanted but his timing and detail was off a bit. He replaced ic from source first with a new brand, result was good, then the pre to amp with same brand, the result was bad and muddied up the bass and rolled off the top. He then put the same brand from amps to speaker and wah-lah, beauty and magic once again. Some would have stopped at the pre amp when it totally screwed things up but what it was is the speaker cables were highly focused on bass and not very good at hi frequency but that ic to amps was not good on bass and very extended and bright on hi frequency, the sound of the combo was livable but timing was a issue. Once all cables were same in another line, all was good including timing. Mind you all of these cables were very good and well known cables even his mixed set that got replaced.
The idea that one should stay with the same brand of cable throughout their system neither constitues law nor does it guarantee one will get the kind of sound that is best or most enjoyable to their ears. It's not necessary either for one to offer a dissertation as a basis for justifying why approach A or B is desireable or preferable. Mix and match or don't mix and match---whatever "floats your boat".
As we all know... cables are of a personal preference.
If you are using Tara already may I suggest climbing the ladder of their cables. Once into the Reference series the benefits are far greater & you may end up preferring them to some of the other cables being listed to try.
If not experiment to the ones of your liking.
Well thank you all for who wrote in their thoghts...I ended up with Von Gaylord Chinchilla's for both my monoblocks and turntable and I feel that it opened up the soundstage and at the same time quited the background noise. I think Im set for interconnects for a while now it's on to power cords...