xlr splitter?

Does anyone have a solution, if I have only a single preamp xlr output and want to passively biwire into a 4 channel amp?

I want to keep xlr out to all 4 channels to make sure the amp gain is the same. The reason for trying this route is I have biwirable speakers.

I don't want to mix rca and xlr or the gain will be screwed up.

Any ideas?
mr_bill
I am biamping with balanced interconnects but my amps have a switch on the back so only one cable is needed. If I switch amps and continue biamping I will construct my own cables. An easy task if you have any ability.
I don't think you'll find a 4-way xlr y-adapter available off-the-shelf. You could combine three 2-way adapters to provide a 4-way split, and there are several of those available at B&H Photo Video. Here is one.

However, keep in mind that the preamp will see a load impedance equal to the power amp's input impedance divided by four. That may produce degraded deep bass response if the preamp has a coupling capacitor at its output (such as tube preamps typically have), and/or an uneven frequency response generally, if the preamp's output impedance is higher than a small fraction of that reduced load impedance.

Regards,
-- Al
Upon re-reading your question after submitting my previous response, I think you are saying that you only need a 2-way split, one 2-way split for each preamp output channel (left and right). In which case you can use any of the 2-way adapters that have been suggested, including the one I suggested which is available at B&H. And of course the load impedance seen by the preamp will be the power amp's input impedance divided by 2, not by 4.

Regards,
-- Al
Purist Audio makes a splitter that you can plug into your pre amp out and convert to two outputs without any cables. If you want a custom made y cable splitter, call John at KCI.