Power cable for Transport

Hi, I was wondering if it's worthwhile to spend a few buck on a power cord on a transport since it transfer only digital data.

I was using my power cord with my Cd player, now I bought a DAC, ans now I'm using it with the DAC, so I wonder if should get a power cord for the tranport.

thank you.
punkfungus
I have found PC on the transport always makes the biggest and best impact. PC's on components after that almost always make a difference but not necessarily for the better - just different.
I have similar experiences with those that have noticed improvements when mating the right PC with the right component.

I've found the VH audio Flavor 4 and the older Virtual Dynamics Power 3 power cord to be both very good with transports.
Yes power cords can make a significant improvement on a dac --transport--cdp --pwr line cond --pre amp --amp--subs- even electrostaic speakers can benefit --but balance the cost of the item with the cost of the pwr cord--ie a 800 dollar transport with a 3000 dollar pwr cord- may sound great but it makes more sense to use a less expensive cord- try to find the best bang for the buck and the pwr cord with the most synergy for your system--it can be rewarding and frustrating--note the most expensive is not always the best.
Putting a pair of $5 snap-on ferrite cores on a stocked power cord will be just as effective as an expensive audiophile power cable.
It would seem logical to expect that the biggest benefit of upgrading the power cord on a transport would be that the good quality shielding it presumably provides will prevent digital noise generated within the transport from radiating from the power cord into other parts of the system.

Depending on many unpredictable variables, in any particular application that may be most effectively accomplished by ferrite cores, by an inexpensive cable upgrade, by an expensive cable upgrade, or just by careful routing of cables and power cords. Experimentation in the particular system would seem to be the only way to tell.

Regards,
-- Al