Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
I was 44 until I ran into an old high school friend a month ago who pointed out I was actually 45. If I take the "Dekay" factor (not decay factor) I subtract three years so I end up at 42. I started when I was 15 (working three jobs) with a Marantz and have never looked back.
Sorry the above post is mine Jadem6, not my son Tigger. Oh by the way I have kids who are young budding audiophiles and surpass me in Audio snobbery.

J.D.
When I was in the 6th Grade, I bought my first stereo with paper route money. Every component was on sale and I spent around $900. I have been enthralled with audio since. I’m turning 25 next Friday, I has started my own Audio company (designing a wholly new kind of audio componentry), and have a $15,000, and have several components that I would like to upgrade. Young men are into expensive things, and impressing others. I’m not excited to put myself in this category, but I do find it to be truth. I have found that if someone is to really become interested in Audio without it becoming an obsession, that person is to do it pretty young.
Around 1972, Eagle's 'takin' it to..', now I'm 47.

The 'Taking it to the streets' was pretty good sound back then.. an engineer, something Templeton, was getting pretty clean sound for pop and rock then. Lots of stuff then was still 'dirty'. I remember taking TWO vinyl Clapton "401 Miami Blvd." because they sounded just like what I had just read in Audio..Record companies taking returned LPs and recycling it, with paper, etc. in the pressings..sounded awful.
Things are better now, sonically!
Well, i am at the age which i see most of you started at. im in high school, and have been addicted to this obsession for the best sound for around.. 1 year and a half, the last 9 months ive been serious about it though. I currenty have invested about everypenny i had into my system. but of course i didnt forget to buy some cd's you can view my system here:

http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/2364.html

complete with pics and all.

Of course its not easy having a limited budget and liking this hobby but when i turn on some floyd and enjoy the music its all worth it. i dont think anyone will argue on that.

Enjoy the Music!