What is the best dielectric?

A vacuum is the best dielectric? Since this is not pratical would air be the next best dielectric or would there be a better sounding dielectric like cotton?
Would there be a difference for speaker wire or interconnects?
Thanks
cdc
Kijanki, the proof is in the playing. Having been trained in the sciences, I look at the job the SC has to do and formulate a best means to assist the SC in it's job.

It was hearing a Shunyata Helical SC that convinced me I had to find a replacement for my magnet wire.

What I figured is, the music signal is running at near the speed of light in a wave pulse form. giving the signal a lot of pathways with varying currents of mirror signals seems counterproductive. I wanted a very thin ribbon because I did not want wire crosstalk, or the intensely small music wave to bounce around a solid wire.

The woven strand wire I dismissed out of hand due to having tried many forms. The theory is better than the practice. The solid magnet wire had very special midrange. Somehow the solid wire resists the highs and lows to a certain degree.

Ribbons proved very successful in systems I am familiar with in Europe. They are easy to try. The copper ribbon I chose is .003" thick. I turned my monos around to make the SCs as short as possible. That way, I didn't have to worry about capacitance.

All I had to do is prove my hypothesis. When I hit play on my transport I literally fell backwards as the huge stage changed burst upon me. The proof was more than I dreamed of. Highs and lows opened up, depth blew out into the wilderness, and detail detail detail.

Obviously my 1 ohm speakers are getting all the current they crave.
Muralman, you are going down the path taken by Omega Mikro some time ago.
Tbg, danged if you aren't right on the money. The boxy endings caught my
interest. Making the transition from wide ribbon to spade required some
necking. I shrink wrapped the ends. I have no intention to sell, so no worry.
Somebody showed me Mapleshade has ribbon SCs too. Looking at the prices
shown for both I am delighted to have found a way to make something
functionally identical on the cheap.
Kijanki - yep, I am fully aware of that and like I said they have their drawbacks.
You ask good questions, ones that I don’t know how to answer, except to say none at all. Being impractical, what I can offer though is the Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP) found in Nordost is better than most, but that is the gapped sleeve and monofilament (spiral wound/point contact) and air is actually the (better) majority of the dielectric. In my experience, these cables can’t be beat for tonearm to phonostage transmission. I haven’t found anything faster or less colored. Some may choose cabling as a tone control beyond this point, but source retrieval deserves the most transparent and honest of cables IMO.