rca plugs - comparisons?

anyone test or compare rca plugs on identical cables, noticed diffences or improvements? top wbt and eichman rca's have "new and improved" designs, are they better, or just different? is it worth the expense to change/upgrade the plugs on a decent older cable or specify the expensive wbt's, where it is optional?
128x128lloydc
If I was happy with what I had I wouldn't change; if I was buying new I would get the best available. Good companies don't change unless they can make something better but if you already have one of their previous products you already have most of the advantages of the new product. Only a direct comparison in your system would reveal the degree of improvement you would get by upgrading the plugs. As I said I doubt it would be cost effective. Eichman are possibly the best but are significantly more fragile, if you frequently plug and unplug your system the WBTs might be a better choice.
i suggest, constructing or having a technician construct two or three pair of inexpensive cables using 3 different pairs of connectors.

a small investment and your ears, will begin to answer the question.

you will , perhaps, want to determine the qualitative and quantitative differnces, if they exist.