Mapleshade cables?? v Anti Cables

Just getting into the cable upgrade path for my Mcintosh 5100 to Spendor S3/5 speakers and from CD player. On a budget to upgrade other pieces so I cant drop $500 on cable. Got a Mapleshade Audio catalog in the mail and was impressed by the claims made...have heard their cds and they were very clear. Had been thinking in terms of Speltz Anti Cable but now wondering about this new stuff. Anyone have expereience with either and have a reco? I am doing speakers and IC. Both now are low grade.
joekapahulu
I have both ; my impression is that the Mapleshade has a brighter , but very detailed, sound while the Anti is more laid back. I used two different amps with them. But as they say on TV, "Results Will Vary". it will depend on the rest of your system. If you are using tubes I would go with Mapleshade. I am selling both because I bought a used Cardas Gold Reference which is better than either as it dammed well ought to be considering the relative cost. Is the Mac the integrated from the 60s or a newer one with the same number? If it's the old one I would go with Anti. Don't get Mapleshade interconnects, they are unbelievably fragile. I got some from Morrow which seem good but ordered very short ones by mistake which has limited my testing. They also have a return policy, which I think is longer than Anti's.
I was just going to post this question and can't wait to hear some responses. I have used Nordost, Kimber, Audioquest, and Cardas cables and have recently switched from Cardas Golden Cross to Jim Speltz Anticables. I really like the Anticables and could have saved myself a great deal of money if I had tried them a few years ago. Before trying the Anticables, I always believed that Mapleshade was just over the top with their claims. Now I am not so sure!! Hopefully some folks out there have used both and can give us their opinions.
This just shows how cables can react to different systems. There is no worse cable on earth than Cardas Golden anything. They close in my system, add lots of grain, are brown in color, etc. I switched to Anti-Cables, my system now is a delight.
Stingreen, I think that the Golden Cross is an excellent sounding speaker cable, at least in my setup. I just wanted to try the Anticables because it was an inexpensive experiment and I found that I like them more. I also continue to use Cardas Golden Reference power cables without any downside. In the past, I have used both Nordost Shiva and Vishnu, Virtual Dynamics Nite II, Elrod David, Electraglide Epiphany X. As you say, you never know how a cable will react in a different system. In fact, I found in my system that the same power cable may sound great on my power amp or preamp and sound horrible on my cd player. Go Figure!!
Using a Mac 7270 and Merlins VSMM-MM,the anti cables have equaled all others I've used which are old Tara Space and Time,Cardas Neutral Ref and some Bryston stuff,love the sound and price.Going to try IC's next,how can I not?Good luck,Bob