Schiit Gungnir DAC - anyone have one of these?

I'm looking at a new DAC and this one is peeking my interest a lot.

Is there anyone out there than can provide some feedback as to their performance or DAC's they're comparable too

I know nothing of Schiit as a company, but the appear to have a very focussed product line - something I like in a company

Many thanks
williewonka
I've owned both and examined the build quality on both. Like or dislike is subjective, and if you wish to claim way better build quality or parts that's up to you. I wouldn't call the transformers "huge" and dual DAC's is meaningless as far as build and parts quality. The NuWave does have a huge toroidal transformer that takes up half the enclosure, like the Gungnir it also has class A fully discrete analog section, weighs 4 lbs more (since you brought weight up), I doubt the Adapticlock is any better than the Perfectwave clocks. I'm not knocking the Gungir's build quality but to say it's 'way better' is pretty ludicrous.
As far as noticably better.i was referring to the Schiit bitfrost
With all options the Gungnir is noticably better still.
I owned the Nuwave and had it for 3 months and compared to my friends Gungnir. I would not have changed if myself and several others had any doubts. With several preamps, and SS snd Vacuum tube equipment.
If you like your Nuwave that is good you can do as you please it is your money.
Figured I resurrect this thread with an update, since so many have viewed it over it's life.

I've just installed the newly released USB Gen 2 from Schiit

For details see this thread...

Schiit USB Gen 2 Upgrade for Bifrost & Gungnir

A worthwhile upgrade