Schiit Gungnir DAC - anyone have one of these?

I'm looking at a new DAC and this one is peeking my interest a lot.

Is there anyone out there than can provide some feedback as to their performance or DAC's they're comparable too

I know nothing of Schiit as a company, but the appear to have a very focussed product line - something I like in a company

Many thanks
williewonka
I purchased the Bifrost 2 days before they released the Über version, so naturally I sent mine back for the upgrade. So I have listened to before and after on my system...the upgrade is well with the 100 bucks I paid, smoother with improved detail, and much firmer bottom end. Very satisfied as you are. I use Signal Cable Magic Digital PC, Black Cat Veloce coax, Atlas Equator MK III IC and mono price optical. Cheers.
This thread has definitely peaked my interest. With such a reasonable price I am going to get the Gungnir and compare it to my Luxman. Besides, how I can resist a company with such a good sense of humor?
Carefully compared the Gungnir to TEAC UD-501 in house for about 10 days. Cut to the chase: Liked the TEAC better -- more musical sounding. Gungnir was a bit dry and I felt bass and dynamics to be overblown. My system needs no help in those areas. The TEAC is much more versatile, with DSD of course, but the filters and sampling choices offer the ability to tailor the sound when wanted/needed. I found the full info display on the TEAC to be a useful and reassuring addition -- missed when I installed the Gungnir.

Been round the block with this stuff with many DACS, players, transports since my 1st top of the line Sony CD in '85. Much progress in digital since then --- though still in love with my records.
How can dynamics be overblown? Also what info do you need from the display? I think all you need is 1 light to see if it is on or off. Maybe I am thinking to simple. Also DSD is IMHO usless. Almost no music has been recorded in DSD.