No good new music?

Curious as to how many 2002 new releases people bought this year - I bought a lot of music this year in general, but also felt like there was a lot of good new release this year as well. Being nearly the end of the year, I looked at my music inventory spreadsheet for how many 2002 releases I had and came up at >40.

How many 2002 releases have some of you purchased? It seems like this is some measure of how much good "new" music there is out there.
kthomas
I've bought plenty, not sure the exact number but probably around the same as you. If you want the best of this year, the new Red Hot Chili Pepper's CD and the Bowie release are well worth owning!
The "neo garage" movement that includes the White Stripes,the Hives,the Vines,the Strokes...are pretty cool compared to the usual fluff(Britney Spears)...I still find going back to the "source"...the Kinks,Who,Small Faces,The Jam,etc...more to my liking...whatever floats your boat I guess...
I probably bought somewhere in the region of thirty or so.
There is usually always some good new music about it's really a case of researching your preffered genres and taking the odd risk.
I'll post my top ten or so releases a bit later-I tended to find this year that quite a few of the better releases were from older established acts-Tom Waits,Bowie,Gabriel,Robert Plant and Springsteen.
I think it often takes a lot longer than a few months to establish how good a record is overall.
One of my friends was remarking that when he looks over the end of year lists he keeps that some of his lower entries are now rated much higher and the top discs left unplayed.
Still there are always fun to do and read over......
I purchased around 30 and just about all did nothing for me. Decent music but nothing for critical listening. I agree with Ben that the better stuff was from the same ol' established acts. Back to the lp's I guess