Bi-wired vs Single Termination

Recently upgraded speakers to B&W 804s and want to upgrade speaker cables. B&W has ability to be bi-wired or to use their supplied jumper at the speaker terminals. What is the adjantage of a bi-wired cable vs a single termination and use of B&W jumpers. I am looking at a used set of Volcanos with single banana plugs vs a set of Mont Blanc with bi-wiring. I understand volcano is a "better" cable but all things being equal which configuation is "better". Speakers are not being bi-amped and at this time I do not intend to bi-amp them.
smerlas
03-23-08: Rodman99999 said:
"If you choose to go bi-wire: Use a cable that has two discrete pairs of conductors(full length) or two separate cables. You will gain nothing with regard to sound otherwise. Adding another pair of connectors to a single pair conductor cable is a waste of time. All you're doing is replacing the jumper with more wire that way."

I've wondered the same thing about this practice. Have you ever seen a study of this? Due to the low impedence at the amp, will the cables shunt the feedback back to the amp, away from the crossover, better than a jumper? (The jumper doesn't shunt anything and actually becomes part of the crossover).

I don't know, I'm just wondering and can't find anything reliable about the subject.

Dave
Dcstep- You're correct: the jumper is just a connection between the high and low frequency sections of the crossover. Here's a short treatise on the subject of bi-wiring(as well as active and vertical bi-amping): ( http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize031998.htm)
Rodmann thanks for the link and to all for the opinions. I am going to try the biwire. Now I just have to find a used set. During the course of this thread the volcanos and mont blancs both sold.
Expand your horizons and look for either WireWorld Eclipse 5 or Kimber BiFocal XL as well. Both wonderfully transparent cables. Happy listening!!
I recommend the Goertz MI2 Veracity as the best all around 'economy' cable out there.

RWs deal above looks like a great one as long as it is the Veracity and not the Python which is newer but less well thought of.

sorry to hi jack your thread