Bi-wired vs Single Termination

Recently upgraded speakers to B&W 804s and want to upgrade speaker cables. B&W has ability to be bi-wired or to use their supplied jumper at the speaker terminals. What is the adjantage of a bi-wired cable vs a single termination and use of B&W jumpers. I am looking at a used set of Volcanos with single banana plugs vs a set of Mont Blanc with bi-wiring. I understand volcano is a "better" cable but all things being equal which configuation is "better". Speakers are not being bi-amped and at this time I do not intend to bi-amp them.
smerlas
I don't think using the jumper will give you the same results as a single or double biwire will.

The biwire Mont Blanc should be sufficient for the 804's, which don't have large enough woofers to need the bigger gauge of Volcano. You could have the Volcano reterminated as a single biwire, which requires just the speaker end to be done. Audioquest will charge perhaps $50-60, but then there is shipping both ways and the wait involved, although you could have the seller ship them directly to Audioquest.

Volcano may sound better than Mont Blanc, but at what price? Probably double. I think Mont Blanc is as far as you need to go in the AQ line.
If you choose to go bi-wire: Use a cable that has two discrete pairs of conductors(full length) or two separate cables. You will gain nothing with regard to sound otherwise. Adding another pair of connectors to a single pair conductor cable is a waste of time. All you're doing is replacing the jumper with more wire that way.
03-23-08: Rodman99999 said:
"If you choose to go bi-wire: Use a cable that has two discrete pairs of conductors(full length) or two separate cables. You will gain nothing with regard to sound otherwise. Adding another pair of connectors to a single pair conductor cable is a waste of time. All you're doing is replacing the jumper with more wire that way."

I've wondered the same thing about this practice. Have you ever seen a study of this? Due to the low impedence at the amp, will the cables shunt the feedback back to the amp, away from the crossover, better than a jumper? (The jumper doesn't shunt anything and actually becomes part of the crossover).

I don't know, I'm just wondering and can't find anything reliable about the subject.

Dave