How much money for your next interconnect cable???

I believe there were time people just looked at you and shout " you are crazy" when they heard how much money you have to paid for your interconnect cables. Even more so if they found out how much money we reselled them on audiogon after a short period of time (same thing happen to our audio component). And it will freak them out if they know again how much money for your next purchases. I know we just laugh and ignored their disbelieve. Anyways, do you plant to buy your new interconnect cables? If so, what is your budget and how do you gain your wife or significant patner acceptance!??!?!!!

Please include brands, models and why do you think this/these cable/s will improve your system.

My system include: Krell KRC-3, Krell kav-1500, krell FPB-200, CJ DR-1, CJ premier-11, Bench Mark DAC-1, Classe SSP-60, Sony DVD 9000ES, VPI scout Sig, Theil 3.6, Triangle Tratos Luna, Definitive Tech Ref, PS power plant-600, Shunyata Hydra 4, Monster HTS-5000s, Kimber Hero cables, Nordost Heimdall, Nordost Blue haven, Tranparent Ultra XL cables, Mit Shotgun cables, PS audio-Extream power cords.
audionuts
Audionuts,
I am looking for a short RCA interconnect for my new DAC and am limiting the cost to $75-$100. That price point seems reasonable in my basic $6000 2.1 system (Denon/Tetra+ML sub/Monarchy). I think the level of your system warrants a higher price point/higher quality IC. too bad I can't do electronics or I would since DIY would likely cut costs by 90%!

Others who post should include the approximate overall value of their system (or specific components) in their response. >>>> as always ".... it's all relative!"

enjoy your music ~ed
If so, what is your budget and how do you gain your wife or significant patner acceptance!??!?!!!

Audionuts

08-27-07

Yeah....er...about that. My wife has no idea what I buy. She doesn't ask for acceptance for the purchases she makes either. It's more like 'don't ask, don't tell' here.

Cables, I've been through more than my share. How much to spend and what to recommend? I'm afraid that there is no easy short cut here. Sure, everyone will chime in with their current favorite cables, but in my 30 years in the hobby, I've found cables vary so much from system to system, that there is no one right answer for all people. If it were only that simple....... The only way to find audio bliss is to listen with your ears in your system. So either try from a manufacturer with a money back guarantee, use The Cable Company's lending library, or buy used at a good price that won't hurt you on re-sale. No one can tell you how much to spend, or what will sound best to you. You simply have to do your own 'homework'.

FWIW, I'm now of the mindset that power cords affect the sound more than interconnects do. So my power cords eat up the lion's share of my cable/cord budget.

Happy listening,

John
I have settled on three cable makers.
Siltech - Prefer the older G3
Millersound Labs - No longer made as well.
Blue Circle
Sugarbrie,
I have a pair of the older 4/80 Siltechs and they are very special to me. The only interconnects I'll be adding to my system will be a used pair of Von Gaylord Chinchilla, but they are rare these days.