Alpha Core Goertz

Anyone else notice that their customer service is beyond unhelpful...but insulting?

I tried to order 2 banana plug terminations with them and one month later they've yet to send them. Dropped the order twice.

I'm selling these cables and working with a company that can help me. Too bad they lost my business for a $30 dollar order.
abdou
Just wanted to put in my two cents...
I read this thread months ago, and coincidently decided to purchase some AG1 speaker cable from them. Alpha-Cores online shop did not have the length I needed, so I called them directly. The person I spoke to on the phone told me they only take orders online, and they suggested I email. So, I emailed and was told of course I could get them in any lenth I desire, and to consult the pricing chart (I had already told them the exact length and terminations in my email- I only needed an invoice). Since then, I have emailed once a week for almost a month, and never received a reply back again. No ordering instructions- nothing.

I have never had a company ignore my business as well as that one did.

Not recommended based on my (non)customer experience.

Will
I wanted to order MI-2 cables from Alpha Core, sent them an email to ask a few questions before ordering. It's been at least two weeks and no reply. I decided to order from the cable company instead. I emailed them, got prompt replies with useful suggestions. Now I am waiting for my MI-2 to arrive.
Swirl,

Thank you for mentioning the Cable Company.. I asked them questions re: pricing, and they were very fast to respond with a full price quote and ordering information within a day.
Based on our experiences, I would not suggest contacting Alpha-Core directly... they seem to just not care about direct sales. Props to Cable Company for wanting business, and being helpful.

Will
I have long forgotten this thread. To go back and respond to Willster's questions. I was referrring to (and rather poorly in retrospect) the "reactive oscillations" that you more properly described. I don't consider the zobels as either a tweak or as a band aid, but more as minor and easily reversible if need be, modification. Nelson Pass the designer of the amp in question suggests such a modification on his web site, Thiel's tech support suggested the use of these cables with the zobels if needed and of course so did Alpha-Core. FWIW, I discovered all of this prior to implementation and your question. While it may appear less than elegant to you, I can assure you that the unobstrusive use of the zobels and Goertz cables have provided me with the most satisfactory sound to date and I am not tempted to change.
when i saw this thread a while back, i was going to pile on, but then i decided to just let it go. last summer, i sent a query to alphacore about the use and necessity of their zobel network in my system. in reply, i was told the zobel was to be put on my amp. i responded with i'm pretty sure the zobels go on the speakers and then asked to get a total cost on the zobels being shipped to me. i waited and waited and never received a response. eventually i sent them a personal check and received the zobels.
i have bi-wireable speakers and decided to get away from the stock brass jumper plates. i emailed alphacore with a question about how many jumpers were included in their $20 set. i never received a response and then proceded to buy 2 sets...i only needed 1.
alphacore's audio sales dept. seems to be made up of people who don't have much of an understading of audio playback. and they seem to be overly sensitive when u question them about it. that said, i do like their speaker wire.