I need help on directionality of speaker cables

I just picked up a pair of Harmonic Tech Pro 9 speaker cables which have an arrow on the label. Should the arrow point towards the amp or the speakers?
128x128pdreher
Why don't you give them a try both ways then you'll know whether or not YOU can hear a difference... and if you can, which way sounds best. (How's that for non-confrontational?)

Cheers
Unless a cable is shielded and one wishs to know a which end the ground (shield)should be connected, directionality in cables carrying alternating current (which speaker cables do) is a marketing feature. Same goes for directionality of fuses in ac carrying circuits.
I always place arrows or use another identifying mark to show the direction in which the signal flows [source to preamp to amp to speakers].

In case you ever disconnect your cables, you won't have to worry about another "burn-in". And if you use XLR connections, they will only go one way.
Depends whether you bought the cables new or used. I bought my Nordost SPM cables brand new, and they suggested either way is fine, but after sticking to the direction of flow for a certain period you have to continue running in that direction for best results. I've used mine with the arrows pointing from the speakers to the amp.

If you bought it used, it's best if you find out from the seller which direction he had adopted.
Ryder and Fatparrot, how do you reconcile your statements that the current flows in one direction with the fact that the current actually reverses its flow continuously and variably from 20 to 20000 times a second.
Bob P.