What's the funniest or dumbest thing you did?

What is the funniest or dumbest HiFi related thing you have ever done?
The dumbest thing I did was to buy a used Nakamichi tape deck. When I could not get it to record consistantly I sent it out to be repaired. When I got it back I realized I was not using it right and it had been working the whole time. I know, I'm not real bright!
128x128nrchy
Speaking of Dads, when I was sixteen back in 1977 I bought my first integrated amp, a JVC 30 watter as I recall, and tried hooking it up to try it out after school on my dad's Pioneer Project 60's (anyone remember them?) Oh, er, I forgot to disconnect the wires to HIS receiver (a Webcor) and used one of his outputs from the tuner input into my JVC. I turned it on and fried the output section of his receiver. When he came home and I had to tell him I destroyed his Webcor, well, it was not pretty!
A friend of mine plugged his vacuum cleaner into his PS Audio P300 power plant... heh heh heh heh. The thing totally shut down and would not reset. Luckilly, he only blew the fuse on it.

KF
I had just gotten my M-300 back from Audio Research after weeks of no music. I was so anxious to hear it, I brought it in the house during a rainstorm (uncovered) and promptly plugged it in. Smoke, sparks, and back to ARC for 2 more weeks of no music.
It was my pleasure, Gunbei.I took great satisfaction with this gift.I also appreciate your kind return gift of the Monster Cable Power strip. It is working very nicely in my bedroom home theatre set-up. As far as dumb things I've done,I'll let you all know later, because there are too many instances and I need to think and choose the dumbest.
I just installed a brand new Dynavector Ruby cartridge (23R) on my Alphason tonearm and I was ready to play the first album record using this new cartridge. I was holding the album jacket and could not find the opening in the jacket in order to remove the album. I rotated the jacket to take a closer look, when the album slid out and landed right on top of my new cartridge breaking the cantilever. Remember those album jackets' that had the slit on top, instead of the side where most are?? Upon, reflection, this was not funny, but is sure was dumb. Oh by the way, the album soom made it debut as a frisbie.