VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
>> 12-06-06: Snook2
>> Rick did contact me and resolved the issue.Seems like a
>> true professional.

Snook2, good to read that you have changed your mind re. V-D once you spoke to Rick.
From my personal experience with V-D you will not find a better set of guys to deal with be it Rick himself or Jeff Sutherland or Abderrahim. Working with them so far has been fun & there are very few manuf in the audio biz that I can say that for.

>> Which cable would be a good start in his line to
>> showcase its abilities.

Every cable in his line-up starting from the humble Power3 to the mighty Genesis show-cases his technology & its abilities.

>> 12-06-06: Fplanner2000
>> Good - I would start with Master Series, but you might
>> also ask him...

If I may be so bold as to say - Snook2 you are mingling in company that has very d-e-e-p pockets. I know that I do not belong in this league (wish I did!).
I just started out with V-D cables & I would, from my personal experience, heartily recommend that you begin with the David 2.0 series.
As Brouch & others before me have commented, V-D personnel know their product very well.
If you talk with any of the people at V-D, they will urge you to cable your entire system w/ V-D & hence spend your allocated budget on a lower model rather than spend all of your budget on a higher-end model. I.E. they'd be happier (& trust me, you would too!) if you wired your whole system with David 2.0 rather than 1 component with a Master 3.0. I have benefitted from this advice & I think you will too.
If you have more money to spend, go up 1 rung to the Nite 3.0. In the V-D line-up, they are very good value for money. (Remember, I said "in the V-D line-up"!).
FWIW. IMHO.

After speaking to Rick Schultz I did take the turn and will be re cabling my whole system with the new master series. His reasoning made a lot of sense in doing the whole system. I certainly hope he is correct. You will hear my results in a few weeks
My Revelation Speaker Cables now have a 100 hours of music playing thru them. (I had them on my cable cooker for 5 days prior to playing music).
I must say all the qualities that I was hoping for are in this cable. So far I am very pleased with my choice.

By the way , I believe there is huge synergy with VD and Purist Dominus Ferox C Power cables.

I will try to explain this ...

I linked together a Purist Dominus Ferox C power cable (with an adapter)into a 20A VD Master power cable (Dont ask why I thought of doing this)

I then plugged that combo into my Hydra 8.
My Sony LCD and other digital equipment are plugged into the Hydra 8.
With this combo VD/Purist the picture quality with my Sony LCD became the best I have ever seen !!!
I mean the colors were vibrant and the picture had more detail, amazing!.
Using just the VD or the Purist alone into the Hydra were no where close to the quality of using them linked together.

So, if its excellent for Video, I am mix and matching with the VD/Purist in my Audio with great results.
I am using a 20A VD Master into my Hydra 8. From my Hydra 8 to my APL 3910 is a Purist Dominus C power cord.
From APL to my Amp is a Balanced Purist Dominus C interconnect.
My speaker cables are now the new VD Revelation 2 Bi-wire and I have just ordered a Purist Anniversary Power cord for my Amp.

VD and Purist they work great together !!!
Ozzy:
I discovered that cooking my Revelation cables didn't do very much at all. Whatever "good" was done was probably mostly undone when I installed them into my system. They really need to "settle in" with your equipment for a while.
Also, FYI, I have my APL 3910 (now in Alex's hands for repair/upgrade)connected to my preamp using Revelation Signature ICs I got from Rick a while back. This is arguably the most important cabling in my system, coming directly from the source, and I found it REALLY opened up the 3910. Its something you might consider trying to your amp to see if you hear a difference, especially as your speaker cables break in. I was amazed......

Snook2: Congratulations! You have fast-tracked some of the VD learning curve by starting at the Master level and I'm sure you will be very happy with your decision, especially as the cables break in. Do not be surprised if you hear new nuances and sounds out of Cd's you thought you knew pretty well. Enjoy the experience!