VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
Snook2:
OR, you could just try to talk to Rick at VD. I find it pretty hard to believe it was him "pressuring" you to buy something. That's not at ALL his style. I have had nothing but very pleasant, straightforward dealings with him and am very happy with all of my purchases. You might get the name of the person you talked to (presuming it wasn't Rick) and talk to Rick about your call. I'm sure he is probably not aware of the situation and would be grateful for your input..
Like the great majority of manufacturers in this niche market, if you talk directly to VD they will make an effort to get their products into your system. Rick is extremely generous with his time and his knowledge; and, in my case, offered me a great deal. Right now I have three of his Master PCs, a pair of balanced Revelation ICs, and a set of Revelation speaker cables in my system. Expensive? Certainly for me. But the price we arrived at (yes, "arrived at" - though I haven't committed to all of the cabling) is commensurate with the quality and capability of the product...IMO (and I'm the one writing the check).

To respond to Ozzy's original query regarding the Rev speaker cables upper frequency abilities: simply outstanding. And in response to Rocc1007's notation above regarding Nirvana S-X: I've loved my S-X (okay, I could have worded that different) since I inserted it into my system five years ago.* I'm still not sure I'll let my Nirvana go but I can tell you that the Rev ICs have replaced them in my main system. The sound spectrum has expanded, as has the soundstage. Now, keep in mind that I only have about 75-100 hours on these cables at this writing so if there is a dramatic downturn in performance I will be noting that on Agon. If the moderators let me...

(*Steve Creamer at Nirvana is another of this industry's really good guys and his products are also -especially at price point - among the best!)
Rick did contact me and resolved the issue.Seems like a true professional. Which cable would be a good start in his line to showcase its abilities.
During my search for VD (unfortunate abbreviation but at least it's not STD) I e-mailed them about 6 times. Each e-mail was answered by Rick with detailed opinions and explanations. Can't ask for much better communication than that. Yes, the VDs are on the pricey side but you gets what you pay for. At least that's been my experience with the Revelation ICs And speaker cabels I'm using.
My only word of caution is that they are stiff and heavy. Once you get rid of the flexible cable paradigm and think of them as bendable conduits everything falls into place. BTW: They do need a very long break-in time so the longer you can get VD to cook the cables before they send them to you the better.