can power cable help cure static problem?

I have had an ongoing problem with static with my audio system which is in living room where wide screen television also is.

It is a bit odd because static only comes out of 1 of the speakers. I switched around the mono amps and then the static came out of the other speaker so I know the problem is not the speakers. I performed other tests to eliminate the possibility that the problem is the preamp or cd player.

The static started after getting the television so its not a coincidence. I have moved the amps as far from the television as possible. The outlet for the audio equipment is on separate outlets than the television and tivo device.

Based upon these simple acts, the static does not seem to occur unless the television is on while the stereo is on. For instance, I listen to a cd with the volume of the tv turned off.

Can anyone recommend anything to try to eliminate the problem when both the tv and stereo are on.

The television power cable cannot be changed since it is permanently connected to the tv.

Thoughts I had include:

I could put an aftermarket power cord on the tivo device.

I could also upgrade the power strip I used for the video components from monster cable to some other product. The tv cord will not reach the outlet directly.

I could upgrade the outlets to hospital grade outlets.

any ideas would be appreciated?

Michael

equipment

lamm 2.2 mono amps
emmlabs dac and cdsd transport
purist dominus interconnect cable
audience au24 speaker cable
128x128karmapolice
Well I swapped the tube from the one amp to the other but the static remained in the one amp.

I have now asked my dealer to discuss with lamm whether they would exchange the one amplifier.

I think it is likely that the problem is my other equipment because then the problem would be with both amps.

I doubt if I just send back the amplifier that they could figure out such a puzzling glitch.

I owned the amplifier for only 4 months when the problem began.
Michael, as I said earlier: if you leave the amps in place and swap the tubes and the noise follows (one of) the tubes, then it's the tube. Well it didn't, so you know BOTH tubes are OK. Now, if you swap the amps (L to R) and the noise follows (one of) the amps, then it's that amp -- which is what I guessed to begin with. It's NOT one of your other components.

There's either a bad electronic part or a bad connection in that one amp. Have the dealer send it back to Lamm for repair or replacement -- in fact with equipment of that caliber, I'd insist the dealer send BOTH amps back for a complete inspection. I say that because the problem could very well be that one of Lamm's OEM suppliers provided a batch of defective parts, and Lamm might want to replace a few parts in BOTH amps, so you might as well get it taken care of once and for all. Trust me, I've been through this exact same scenario with ARC, Levinson, Martin Logan. It happens a lot, unfortunately. And if you send in just one amp, than as soon as you get it back, the other one will crap out! It's a COSMIC RULE! Also, remember to ask for an extension of your original warranty period.

Good move, from your origional post the static follows the amp. Under warranty send it back, through your dealer who should handle the whole exchange and pay all costs at 4 months.

steve
Is "earth ground" the same as adding a ground isolation circuit. Usually any unwanted noises that occur when connecting video componentry goes right back to origin of incoming signal. I have always used a Mondial "Magic" ground isolation circuit at the point where the signal (cable) enters the house. It has reduced all unwanted noises in my audio system, usually right down to slight reduction of "white noise" also.