Kubala-Sosna Cables..... I don't get it ?????

Why aren't these cables more widely used by us audiophiles....??? I've been auditioning these interconnects sent to me from a dealer and these are good.....My other cables on the short list to listen to are the Synergistic Absolute Reference X2's, Purist Audio Dominus....they are sweet, coherent, detailed and not popular.....I don't get it !!! Am I missing something ????? Are they just the flavor of the month cable ????
garebear
Garebear don't jump to conclusions. I have heard them and alongside Stealth Indra they finished right where they belong. In a far distant second place. How do you like me now?
:-)
There are many good brands on the market today especially those from the "cottage" cable makers. There is no ideal cable and system matching is important. This thread simply hypes Kubala-Sosna. Other threads hype RSA, Pure Note, Bogdan, etc. Audiophiles will choose the best match at the price they want to spend.
k-s cables are very good cables...and i can only speak to the 'emotion' line, as i own 3 of the powercords.they are good today in my system and will be good tomorrow in my system. that doesn't mean that if 'acme cable company' comes out with what some responsible reviewers think is 'the best' powercord in the world that i wouldn't think about auditioning it to see if it is,indeed,'the best'.that it might be better does not in any way diminish the quality or potential benefit of the 'emotion' cable to anyone elses' system.this hobby/addiction is about the journey...not the destination.enjoy the ride....the reason the cables on your list 'are not popular' has to do with their price...not the quality..as i assure you if all audiophiles could afford the purist 'dominus' they probably would try it....they may not like it or others in that price range but they would try it...ps: to that list i would add the pranawire 'cosmos' cables...give alan kafton at audioexcellenceaz.com a mail ...you can try them free if you are interested in trying what are among a handful of audio cables that can be called 'the best'
Calloway, was there any significant burn-in time for your emotion power cords? I have three pairs on loan, so to speak, not sure I like everything about what I'm hearing so far.