Opinions on Straght wire?

I see this brand around but don't read much about them in the mags. Anyone ever used the stuff? Any good?
aveloguy
i really like the serenade and the crescendo... the crescendo is one of my long term favorites ( big bold sound) and the serenade is a fantastic bargain.....

like anytihng system dependant..
Straight Wire has been around a long time and their products are competitive above their respective proce categories. They are just well made and designed cables that, IMO, have a model to perform as well as needed in any system. Again IMO, the Maestro II and Virtuoso are balanced more towards neutral and accurate, with good to great resolution, balance, speed, etc. I think the Serenade is very smooth with good bass control/extension, but is suited more for less than optimally setup but high performing solid-state systems.
I like the The Maestro II in my system. It's a lively cable, a little bright sounding but still quite enjoyable.
I can't get rid of my $60 Symphony II's - darnit. I just bought my second pair of PAD Musaeus cables ($300 retail) to finish the link between CD player and pre/pro for all Musaeus cabling. After burning them in more than the 100 hours, I still far prefer the Straightwire Symphony II's.

Crap!! The Musaeus does some things better, but overall the Symphony's are more musical and just pleasing sounding. Smooth, sweet with the highs, nice from top to bottom. Each have their strengths, but the cheapo Straightwire is more pleasureful to listen to.

Anyone familiar with the Symphonies? Is there another SW cable higher up in the foodchain that has a similar character but even does it better?