Speltz Anti-cable needs break-in period?

I received a pair of Anti-cables a few days ago, and I have been using it for about 10 hours now.

It's obviously less bass, less soundstage, and a bit harsher sound while many ppl say anti-cables sound awesome right from the box.

What do you guys think?
I used transparent music link before.

I hope it gets better soon..
realprober
I've had the anti-cables for 2 years now, just luv 'em. In all the threads i've participated re: paul's wonder wire, i've never ran across a person who preferred to twist them. Even Mr. Speltz sais to lay them so they aren't touching one another.

One thing many don't talk about is directionality...speltz's wire sounds deep & warm one direction and bright the other. I find the warmer directions and leave them to break in. My cables: anti-cables and 2 sets of anti-IC's w/eichmanns all took a month to break in.

No worries if you have these cables but haven't listened for direction...i had the anti-cables in place 12 months, then tried the direction thing & it was instantly noticeable...2 of the 4 runs were the wrong way - i swapped them and a week later the cables make amazing music.

I'm constantly looking for a new sp cable design i like under $500...besides the cheLa design from CV, my $50 anti-cables are it for me.

matt
i've never ran across a person who preferred to twist them. Even Mr. Speltz sais to lay them so they aren't touching one another.
How far apart do you have yours?
All things being equal ( ha ha ha ), enamel has a higher dielectric absorption ratio than Teflon. As such, even though there seems to be less dielectric influence in one's mind due to "seeing" less dielectric with enamel, the Teflon actually distorts the signal less. Sean
>
I love the interconnects and like the speaker wire. Are you saying you found both to be directional? Do you remember which (speaker) runs were the wrong way? HF? LF? OR by four runs do you mean 2 pos and 2 neg. I ask all this to avoid having to rerun these as its no fun in my installation space. Also I tried Chela vs Anti and found it hard to percieve much difference. Chela now in the closet. How the interconnect grew the image and made the HF right was amazing for me. I actually found the first incarnation of the interconnects has slightly better bass than the new style with the smaller signal wire inside the larger gauge spiraled ground return like you have. Everything else is better on the new style. I also got my new styled ones before the Eichmann versions were available.

ET

ET
I had a very similar experience with the anti cables, I am unsure how you got yours but I got the diy cable and started with 2 straight runs not run together and sound was much like you described, when I twisted them together they sounded wonderful.